NEW YORK (AP) — Stocks that moved substantially or traded heavily Monday:
PerkinElmer Inc., up $4.16 to $67.73
The company, which sells testing equipment and scientific instruments, agreed to buy Euroimmun Medical Laboratory Diagnostics of Germany.
EQT Corp., down $5.26 to $53.51
Most Read Stories
- Give to panhandlers or don’t? Some towns try cracking down
- Ex-Seahawk Marshawn Lynch watches Raiders game from the stands, rides BART train after being ejected
- Seattle startup co-founder Matt Bencke was ‘a force of nature’ | Obituary
- A chilly La Niña winter likely in Pacific Northwest, but don’t fret about drenching of last year
- Check out this new drone footage of the Bertha-dug Highway 99 tunnel WATCH
The energy company agreed to buy Rice Energy for $6.7 billion in cash and stock.
Novodaq Technologies Inc., up $5.70 to $11.70
The maker of surgical technology is being acquired by Stryker Corp.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc., up 81 cents to $13.47
The company said hedge-fund manager John Paulson, its largest shareholder, will join the company’s board.
U.S. Steel Corp., up 64 cents to $20.80
The Wall Street Journal reported that President Donald Trump may announce plans to curb steel imports.
Apple Inc., up $4.07 to $146.34
Technology companies posted some of the biggest gains in the market.
Hain Celestial Group Inc., down 67 cents to $33.24
The Wall Street Journal reported that the organic food company, which hasn’t released financial results for more than a year, risks being delisted from the Nasdaq.
Seattle Genetics Inc., down $2.64 to $61.88
The biotechnology company discontinued a clinical trial of vadastuximab talirine in older acute myeloid leukemia patients.