The Amazon boss has $75.6 billion, trailing only Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates with $80 billion, according to Bloomberg’s billionaire index.
Jeff Bezos is now the world’s second-richest person.
By the end of the day Wednesday, Bezos had $700 million more than Berkshire Hathaway’s Buffett and $1.4 billion more than Ortega, the founder of Inditex and Europe’s richest person, according to Bloomberg.
Most Read Business Stories
- Is an iPad enough to train Boeing 737 MAX pilots? Famed pilot Sullenberger says he has a better idea
- Airbus racks up more orders over stricken Boeing at Paris Air Show
- Airbus roiled by secret Boeing order for 737 MAX jets that stole the Paris show
- British Airways parent company delivers a massive vote of confidence in the Boeing 737 MAX
- Dish is near a $6 billion deal for T-Mobile, Sprint assets
Bezos’ jump comes one day after Amazon purchased the Middle East’s biggest online retailer, Souq.com.
Information from The Seattle Times archives was included in this report.