Alaska Distributors, the Kent-based alcohol distributor, could lay off more than 600 workers on Oct. 3, according to notice it gave the...
Alaska Distributors, the Kent-based alcohol distributor, could lay off more than 600 workers on Oct. 3, according to notice it gave the state Employment Security Department on Wednesday.
Company CEO Steve Loeb did not return a phone call late this afternoon.
The company plans to sell part of its business to CoHo Distributing of Portland, which is being created from the merger of Columbia Distributing, Mt. Hood Beverage and Gold River Distributing, CoHo said in a July press release. The deal is expected to close in early October.
Melissa Allison: 206-464-3312 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Most Read Business Stories
- The penthouse atop Smith Tower is on the rental market for the first time
- Downtowns will be back, but Seattle has choices to make
- Washington state ‘literally failed workers,’ and fixing the unemployment system won't be easy
- Boutique cruise line Windstar will move its Seattle headquarters to Miami
- J&J’s 1-dose shot cleared, giving US 3rd COVID-19 vaccine