Sale of beer, wine and spirits distribution business to three other companies expected this fall.
When Alaska Distributors in Kent sells its beverage distribution businesses this fall, it expects most of its 800-some employees to be hired by the purchasing companies, Alaska CEO Steve Loeb said today.
Last month, Alaska made plans to sell its distribution businesses to CoHo Distributing of Portland, Odom in Bellevue and a joint venture of Odom and Miami-based Southern Wine & Spirits of America.
The deals are expected to close in October, Loeb said.
After the transactions, Alaska Distributors will have some real estate left, mostly in the Seattle area.
Most Read Business Stories
- Amazon sued by Black cloud-computing manager over alleged racial discrimination and sexual harassment
- The penthouse atop Smith Tower is on the rental market for the first time
- Costco, Whole Foods rise in Greenpeace rankings of grocery chains' plastic use
- Screening to detect prior coronavirus infections launched by Adaptive Biotech, with Microsoft's help
- Downtowns will be back, but Seattle has choices to make
Melissa Allison: 206-464-3312 or firstname.lastname@example.org