ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — Alaska Airlines has a new, $50 million hangar in Anchorage that’s large enough to house two Boeing 737s.
KTVA reports the airline unveiled the massive hangar this week at Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport.
The new facility measures more than 100,000 square feet.
The old, outgrown hangar was opened in 1954.
Most Read Business Stories
- Seattle is 'a notable exception' for stalled home prices
- Apple says it plans to turn Seattle into 'key engineering hub' with 2,000 new workers
- Pet insurance company Trupanion hit with a $100,000 fine
- Sellers in Amazon's bookstore feel beaten up by counterfeit Wild West
- SpaceX launches hefty rocket with 24 satellites, experiments VIEW
The new hangar has a heat-recovery system. Kurt Kinder, the airline’s vice president of maintenance, says the new building is equipped with air-handling units that distribute heat captured after doors are opened and closed.