ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — Alaska Airlines has a new, $50 million hangar in Anchorage that’s large enough to house two Boeing 737s.
KTVA reports the airline unveiled the massive hangar this week at Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport.
The new facility measures more than 100,000 square feet.
The old, outgrown hangar was opened in 1954.
Most Read Business Stories
- Furloughed federal workers offered 90-day, interest-free loans by Washington Federal
- Macy's will close its Northgate store next year, Redmond store in next few months
- Seattle still has the most cranes in America, and construction isn't losing much steam
- Outpouring of generosity for TSA workers, others without pay VIEW
- Nike's new $350 smart sneaker will require regular recharging WATCH
The new hangar has a heat-recovery system. Kurt Kinder, the airline’s vice president of maintenance, says the new building is equipped with air-handling units that distribute heat captured after doors are opened and closed.