OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — The online lodging rental company Airbnb says business doubled in Nebraska in 2017.
Nebraska users hosted about 46,000 guests in 2017 and generated $4.3 million revenue. That was 107 percent of the previous year.
Most of the lodging activity was in Omaha, which always draws large crows for Berkshire Hathaway’s annual meeting and the College World Series.
Omaha Airbnb hosts generated $2.7 million on 27,000 stays.
Most Read Business Stories
- Boeing wants more workers in the office to ramp up production. Not everyone wants to go back
- Microsoft says employees will continue to have access to abortion and gender-affirming care anywhere in the U.S.
- What you must know to ‘grin and bear’ this market
- How many writes can a solid-state hard drive take; can 'dead zones' on Windows 11 be fixed | Q&A with Patrick Marshall
- North Dakota farmland purchase tied to Bill Gates stirs emotion
Lincoln hosts accounted for more than 6,100 stays and more than $480,000 in income.