NEW YORK (AP) — Millennials no longer have to choose between a home or avocado toast.
At least, that’s the deal online lender SoFi is offering. The company said Thursday it will give a month’s worth of avocado toast to anyone who takes out a mortgage with it in July.
The promotion plays off jokes that have been circulating for the past couple months: that millennials can’t afford their first homes because they are spending too much money on trendy avocado toast brunches.
SoFi says it’ll send those who qualify the avocados and bread in three shipments to keep them fresh. And yes, gluten-free bread is an option.
Most Read Business Stories
- In a boost for Boeing, Ryanair orders 75 additional 737 MAX planes
- More than half of emergency small business funds went to larger businesses, new data show
- Boeing nears 737 MAX deal with Ryanair in win for embattled jet
- UPS restricts some packages from Nike, Gap and other retailers amid online rush
- Workers' comp rates to jump in Amazon's Washington fulfillment centers due to hazards