NEW YORK (AP) — Millennials no longer have to choose between a home or avocado toast.
At least, that’s the deal online lender SoFi is offering. The company said Thursday it will give a month’s worth of avocado toast to anyone who takes out a mortgage with it in July.
The promotion plays off jokes that have been circulating for the past couple months: that millennials can’t afford their first homes because they are spending too much money on trendy avocado toast brunches.
SoFi says it’ll send those who qualify the avocados and bread in three shipments to keep them fresh. And yes, gluten-free bread is an option.
Most Read Business Stories
- In heart of Amazon’s Seattle headquarters, a first-of-its-kind family shelter takes shape for Mary’s Place VIEW
- In their 50s, this couple is turning over a new financial leaf | Money Makeover
- Uwajimaya plans revamp of its flagship Seattle store to showcase its vast variety
- Dennis Muilenburg out as Boeing chairman but keeps CEO position
- Wendy Lister, grande dame of Eastside real estate, dies at 83