Heads up: The Federal Reserve on Wednesday releases its beige book, the survey of economic conditions across the nation. Also, on Tuesday, the...
Heads up: The Federal Reserve on Wednesday releases its beige book, the survey of economic conditions across the nation. Also, on Tuesday, the Commerce Department releases its revised second-quarter gross domestic product figures.
• Financial markets, government offices and most businesses closed for Labor Day.
Tuesday: Microsoft and Google are expected to head to King County Superior Court to argue over whether former Microsoft executive Kai-Fu Lee should be prohibited from doing the work he was hired for at Google.
Wednesday: Microsoft executives Bill Gates and Steve Ballmer are expected to give keynote speeches at a business summit in Redmond aimed at reaching companies with between 50 and 1,000 employees.
Most Read Stories
- 'The Big Dark': Satellite image shows future rain clouds stretching from China to Puget Sound
- Police: Lynnwood 6-year-old drowned in bathtub by visiting relative
- Seattle leaders look to push ‘refresh’ button with Amazon for ‘a new relationship’
- Why Seattleites love to hate the umbrella
- Boeing rivals Airbus, Bombardier join forces on CSeries jet seen as threat to 737
Thursday: Stephen Wong will deliver a keynote address, “Hong Kong-Turning China into Opportunity,” at a breakfast seminar co-organized with the Greater Seattle Trade Development Alliance at the Rainier Club beginning at 8 a.m.