AMES, Iowa (AP) — Officials say the Iowa State University College of Business will be renamed because of a $50 million commitment from two California benefactors.
The university said in a news release Monday that the college will be renamed the Debbie and Jerry Ivy College of Business, pending approval by the Iowa Board of Regents. Officials say it’s the largest-ever commitment to the college. The gift will establish an endowed fund that eventually will provide the college around $2 million annually.
The university says Jerry Ivy is president and chief executive officer of Auto-Chlor System in Mountain View, California. Debbie Ivy also is a member of Auto-Chlor System’s executive team.
Jerry Ivy earned a bachelor’s in industrial administration from Iowa State in 1953.
Most Read Business Stories
- License plate scanners were supposed to bring peace of mind. Instead they tore the neighborhood apart.
- Medicare Advantage is cheaper for a reason — beware
- As climate concerns threaten air travel, aviation industry banks on technology solutions
- Nuclear fusion edges toward the mainstream
- As housing costs climb, another Seattle apartment project tests a new way of building