MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. (AP) — Authorities say three people were injured after a kitchen fire broke out during Google’s I/O developer conference at a California venue that normally hosts concerts.
It happened Thursday at the Shoreline Amphitheater in Mountain View.
Mountain View Fire Department spokesman Lynn Brown says three people were taken to a hospital and one had life-threatening injuries.
Google said in a statement that the small fire broke out in a kitchen at the venue and no conference attendees were hurt.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle’s income tax on the wealthy is illegal, judge rules
- Analysis: Five reasons the Seahawks waived Dwight Freeney WATCH
- 2 shot at Capitol Hill nightclub in Seattle
- 'I just can’t take these night games': Husky football fans tired of late games, with little notice
- Before losing cancer battle, Ben Cushing inspired Cougars, Huskies to band together
The company says the three people who were injured were event staff members and are receiving treatment.
Brown says a flash fire broke out when workers were trying to light a deep-fat fryer. The kitchen’s sprinklers put out the blaze.