‘The Club’ — on Eighth Avenue — was completed in 1902 and moved in 1961 to its current home on Dexter Avenue, overlooking Lake Union.
Many roads converge near the site of the former Olympic Brewery Bottling Works.
Interstate 5 displaced the Central Church of Christ after just 8 years.
After the 1909 Alaska-Yukon-Pacific Exposition, the Tokio Cafe was converted into a crew house, and then razed to make room for oceanography labs.
Careful photo analysis more accurately pinpoints the location of the shed where Chief Seattle’s daughter lived.
The stylish building on Ninth Avenue was once described as ‘Seattle’s aristocrat among residential hotels.’
Seattle was busy rebuilding after the Great Fire of 1889, and logs piled up on their way to the city’s mills.
The Seattle pioneer planned a namesake hotel, but it hadn’t opened by the time he died in 1899. After finally opening in 1903 to host...
In 1938, before Seattle installed parking meters, a little office shed shared a First Hill street with apartment houses.
By 1904, this Seattle slope was filling with rentals — and loads of opportunities within walking distance.