Tacoma is now the hottest housing market in the nation, an unwelcome distinction that the city likely owes to its more expensive neighbor to the north.
- Jay Inslee hits 65,000 donors for his presidential campaign, meeting requirement for first debate
- The opioid crisis comes to the classroom as soaring numbers of children born in drug withdrawal reach school age
- Navy plans extensive training in Pacific Northwest. Here’s how many animals could be hurt. WATCH
- Here’s what to expect from Memorial Day weekend weather
- Washington state Sen. Guy Palumbo announces retirement, takes a job with Amazon
- Would you pay to drive in downtown Seattle? Study looks at the pros and cons of ‘congestion pricing’
- ‘Welcome home’: New Vietnam War memorial park draws the Mattis family to Seattle
He’s ‘completely different.’ But will Puka Nacua be a difference-maker in his freshman season at UW?
Puka Nacua's three older brothers each played Power Five college football, and one is currently in the NFL. The UW freshman wide receiver is out to prove he's the best of the bunch (and make his parents proud).
In 1962, Cleveland Tony Harmon says he found himself at the center of some inexplicable events straight out of a horror movie: Flying books, a levitating mattress, cups and saucers sailing by to crash and shatter. There are some who believe his story.
Since Phil and Tim Hanseroth met Brandi Carlile about 15 years ago, the three have become a literal family band, reaching milestones they once thought impossible, like headlining the Gorge Amphitheatre on June 1 for their Echoes Through the Canyon concert.
- Rep. Jayapal says it’s time to start a Trump impeachment inquiry. Other Washington Democrats aren’t there yet.
- UW rescinds job offer as incoming administrator is charged with domestic violence
- Toddler and man found dead in presumed murder-suicide in Maple Valley; sheriff’s office investigating
- Man arrested in fatal shooting at Everett business
- ‘I remember that dreadful morning’: The best comments from this week on seattletimes.com
- FAA will move first to approve the Boeing 737 MAX to fly again, possibly within weeks
- Tacoma’s housing market is now the hottest in U.S. — and Seattle knows why
- CEOs get $800,000 pay raise, leaving workers further behind
- Female CEOs are competitively paid, but greatly outnumbered
- CEO Pay: When investors say ‘nay’ on spiraling packages
- A 102-year-old woman is being evicted so the landlords’ daughter can move in
- At $2M, priciest ever medicine treats fatal genetic disease
- Trump cites Iran to bypass Congress on Saudi arms sales
- Jury finds man guilty of murder in Tennessee church shooting
- Trump’s plan to fund border wall faces first legal test
- US judge temporarily blocks Mississippi 6-week abortion ban
Most Read Stories
- 4 Washington state electors decided not to vote for Hillary Clinton in 2016. They were fined $1,000, went to court and lost.
- Tacoma's housing market is now the hottest in U.S. — and Seattle knows why
- Washington becomes first state to legalize human composting
- How to avoid falling victim to scam calls WATCH
- Big-city growth slows across U.S. — but Seattle still ranks No. 2 in 2018 | FYI Guy
- Bang Bang Kitchen successfully brings New Mexico flavors and flair to Seattle’s Othello neighborhood
- Love Willy Wonka? Head to Pike Place Market, where Joe Chocolate Co. is opening near indi chocolate
- What, exactly, is ‘natural’ wine? Come find out at these two new Seattle wine bars
- Ready, set, grill: As Memorial Day approaches, here’s a handy guide to outdoor cooking VIEW
- Want bulgogi brisket so good you’d (almost) fight a baby for it? Head to Bopbox in Seattle’s Georgetown
- Bill Nye: fables, facts and f-bombs | Op-Ed
- Millennials really are suffering
- Dear millennials: The feeling is mutual | Opinion
- Victoria is finally working to clean up its mess | Editorial
- Democrats should watch Italy’s immigration firestorm | Opinion
- Let new council decide Seattle neighborhoods’ fate | Editorial
- Analysis: Answering the biggest questions following Jaden McDaniels’ commitment to UW
- Analysis: While UW basketball stocks up on top-tier talent, Oregon can’t catch a break | Jon Wilner
- What the contracts of Al Woods and Geno Smith say about their potential roles for the Seahawks in 2019
- Once a repeat title contender, the Storm starts the 2019 WNBA season as an unlucky underdog
- Beloved Seattle DJ Marco Collins opens up about cancer fight
- Historic Seattle makes preliminary offer to purchase the Showbox
- Five movies open on Friday, May 24; our reviewers weigh in
- 60-plus years later, ‘West Side Story’ endures and thrives, including a new production at 5th Avenue Theatre
- Paperback Picks: Books by Meg Wolitzer, Paul Theroux and more VIEW
The Constitution: Enduring Myths and Hidden Truths
Resealing and staining can adds years to your deck's life.