Chinese President Xi Jinping has a busy schedule for his Puget Sound visit.
The itinerary for Chinese President Xi Jinping’s Sept. 22-24 visit will take him to Seattle, Everett, Redmond and Tacoma.
Tuesday, Sept. 22
• Xi arrives Tuesday morning at Paine Field in Everett, welcomed by a delegation that will include Gov. Jay Inslee and ex-Gov. and former ambassador to China Gary Locke.
• That afternoon he’ll hold meetings with Inslee, members of the Washington state Congressional delegation, local officials including Seattle Mayor Ed Murray, and the governors of Oregon, California, Michigan and Iowa at the Westin hotel in Seattle.
• Tuesday evening Xi is expected to deliver a speech at a dinner for business leaders and other dignitaries including Henry Kissinger.
Wednesday, Sept. 23
• Xi takes part in a morning roundtable discussion with CEOs from the U.S. and China. Those expected include executives Satya Nadella (Microsoft), Howard Schultz (Starbucks), Jeff Bezos (Amazon) and Dennis Muilenburg (Boeing). Xi is expected to make a speech there.
• At midday, Xi tours Boeing’s sprawling Everett factory, accompanied by Muilenburg, company chairman Jim McNerney and Commercial Airplanes CEO Ray Conner.
• In the afternoon, Xi will visit the Microsoft campus and greet tech executives attending the U.S.-China Internet Industry Forum being held on campus.
• Xi and his wife, Peng Liyuan, will then visit Lincoln High School in Tacoma. Xi first visited the school in 1993, when he was a regional official in China’s Fujian province.
• The final event on Xi’s calendar is a private evening reception with members of the Chinese community.
Thursday, Sept. 24
• Xi departs from Paine Field on Thursday morning. He’ll head to Washington, D.C., for a formal state visit, including dinner with President Obama. Xi will be in D.C. until Sept. 26 when he goes to New York for two days of events at the United Nations. He leaves the U.S. on Sept. 28.