As he heard the gunshots from the back of the Tumwater Walmart, David George wondered if his family was safe — and then his training kicked in. On Wednesday, George, an Oakville pastor and concealed-pistol carrier, gave his account of stopping the shooter who wounded three people in a deadly rampage. WATCH
- In reversal, Trump orders halt to his family separation rule WATCH
- Inslee slams Trump White House as ‘den of deceit’; Republicans quieter in criticism of border separations
- Spokane Street bridge closes for emergency repairs
- It’s almost summer — so get ready for cool-down in Seattle area, forecasters say
- What happens to families already separated? Relatives, advocates await specifics
- Another decades-old Tacoma murder solved? Suspected killer of 12-year-old Michella Welch arrested
- Mariners blow 5-0 lead against Yankees, lose third straight game, but maintain their confidence
British Columbia-based Tilray, owned by Privateer Holdings of Seattle, has focused on medical cannabis but now aims to capitalize on the impending legalization of recreational marijuana in Canada.
Slavery was at the center of America’s birth, fueled economic growth and claimed millions of lives in a war that threatened the country’s survival. Explore artifacts — some ugly, some inspiring — that take you into that history.
Seattle's South Lake Union, home to Amazon's urban campus, is the region's fastest growing neighborhood. But there's a close second. Check out our interactive map.
- Seattle’s Privateer launches $100M IPO for its Canadian marijuana company
- Big-name retailers make pride merchandise in places where being gay is illegal
- Microsoft President Brad Smith: ‘The battle is not over’ to protect migrant children
- Everett bank plans $30M IPO
- Automakers improve quality to record level in annual survey
- Youngest migrants held in 'tender age' shelters VIEW
- Airlines ask US not to put migrant children on flights
- As Border Patrol searches its buses, Greyhound is pulled into immigration uproar
- No clear plan yet on how to reunite parents with children VIEW
- FBI warns of sexual assaults on planes
- Trudeau: Canada to legalize marijuana on Oct. 17
Most Read Stories
- What's the region's second-fastest growing neighborhood? Hint: It's not in Seattle. | FYI Guy
- Seahawks mailbag: What does the future hold for Kam Chancellor, George Fant and Malik McDowell?
- Boeing wins big freighter jet order as FedEx bets on continued air cargo recovery
- Police: Gunman stole ammunition at Tumwater Walmart, was followed and killed by armed shopper
- Would the Golden Gate’s ‘Road Zipper’ make Seattle’s Aurora Bridge safer?
- Seattle Symphony building a versatile new performance venue inside Benaroya Hall
- Tonya Lockyer, champion for local dance, departs Velocity Dance Center after vertiginous success
- Celebrate Seattle’s LGBTQ community with Pride events from Capitol Hill to downtown
- Fashion luminary Talley takes center stage in ‘The Gospel According to Andre’ WATCH
- TV picks for Monday: The destruction of Earth draws nearer on ‘Salvation’
- Our outpouring of compassion will vanquish moral bankruptcy | Op-Ed
- Congress should leave food-stamps program alone | Editorial
- Separating families is a humanitarian and health crisis | My Take
- Good luck, Melania | Froma Harrop / Syndicated columnist
- Let’s break with the past and charge ahead with clean energy | Op-Ed
- Affordable Care Act is worth saving | Editorial
- For Mariners manager Scott Servais and his family, Omaha and College World Series are special
- Ichi for D.C.? Campaign to have Ichiro compete in Home Run Derby has begun
- Rasheem Green signs rookie contract — all nine Seattle draft picks now under contract
- What does the future hold for Kam Chancellor, George Fant and Malik McDowell?
Featured Video Stories
Nurture with nature (5:35)
A death in the RV safe zone (2:58)
‘Dance has saved my life’ (3:14)
Amnesia / Denial (4:47)
Making Art with Light (3:10)
- After fears of discontinuation, national outdoor education program Every Kid in a Park will be renewed
- Travel Troubleshooter | The curious case of the missing rental car
- Bike touring Madagascar, a biologist falls in love with the wildlife
- After nearly three long years, Yosemite National Park reopens Mariposa Grove
The Seattle Times Presents
The actor-musician has lowered the price for his mansion in the Brentwood neighborhood of L.A by 22 percent.