South Lake Union, Lower Queen Anne and First Hill have 10 projects apiece underway, as the local construction boom continues.
- Seattle household net worth ranks among top in nation — but wealth doesn’t reach everyone | FYI Guy
- Sen. Bernie Sanders says he’s running for president in 2020 WATCH
- ‘Cold, miserable rain’ on its way to Seattle, with snow likely in the mountains and Bellingham area
- Should the Legislature bring universal health care to Washington?
- 7 people share what got them out of homelessness
- WATCH: Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan delivers second State of the City speech WATCH
- Renton’s freeway carpool lanes make a $197 million connection this week
In its purest distillation — no goat cheese, fried eggs, or jams of various kinds — a burger that is really just a burger can be an extremely comforting and enjoyable meal. The version served up at Meg's Hamburgers hits the mark.
Earl Thomas is expected to move on via free agency, making 2019 the first season since 2009 when not a single founding member of the Legion of Boom will likely be on Seattle's active roster heading into the season.
"If Beale Street Could Talk," "Green Book" and BlacKkKlansman" may seem like period pieces but they all point to racial flashpoints we still need to resolve.
- During SWAT standoff, Kent man wanted by Seattle police fatally shoots himself
- Spokane neighbors come to blows over use of snowblower; 1 hurt, 1 arrested
- Making the grade: Parents, here’s how to find — and decipher — Washington’s new school report cards
- She’s 14 and her parents are dead. Now, when she runs away, Washington puts her in jail.
- Southwestern Washington measles case count grows to 61
- Alec Baldwin wonders whether Trump’s ‘SNL’ attack poses ‘a threat to my safety’
- Judge orders Roger Stone to court over Instagram post
- Flynn pushed to share nuclear tech with Saudis, report says
- Poll: Rural/urban political divisions also split the suburbs
- Alabama newspaper calls for resurgence of KKK
- Police: More than a dozen people rescued from SeaWorld ride
Most Read Stories
- Surprise! If you get a call from this man, it’s no scam. The state really has money for you.
- Forget Marie Kondo: There's a better, high-tech method to tidying up
- Canada's answer to Tesla is a $15,500 electric three-wheeler
- Seattle household net worth ranks among top in nation — but wealth doesn't reach everyone | FYI Guy
- 'You mean the nicest guy in camp': Evan White is the future at first base for the Mariners
- 6 movies open Feb. 15; our reviewers weigh in
- These books-turned-movies — including ‘Where’d You Go, Bernadette’ — are coming to screens near you
- How not to run anyone over with a dinosaur: The Burke Museum moves into its new digs VIEW
- When the show cannot go on: Seattle theaters reckon with cost of snow
- Not once, not twice, but thrice, Seattle’s Kelley Wentworth has taken on ‘Survivor’ — why?
- Raped and forgotten — why we must end the backlog of sexual-assault kits | Op-Ed
- Thank Trump for the thriving economy | Andy Puzder / Guest columnist
- Agree or disagree, sheriffs must enforce new state gun law | Editorial
- Let minors choose themselves to vaccinate against measles | Op-Ed
- What would Lincoln do? | David Blankenhorn / Guest columnist
- Pull back the curtain to find out the truth about Venezuela’s oppressive regime | Op-Ed
SAN DIEGO (AP) — All-Star infielder Manny Machado has agreed to a $300 million, 10-year deal with the rebuilding San Diego Padres, the biggest contract ever for a free agent, a person familiar with the negotiations told The Associated Press on Tuesday. The person spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity because the agreement...
- Co-defensive coordinator Jimmy Lake staying at Washington, with a smile on his face | Matt Calkins
- Bobby Wagner remains a constant at linebacker for Seahawks but there could be a lot of change elsewhere | 2019 position analysis
- Mariners announce starting pitchers for first three Cactus League games
- Healthy and happy, Dee Gordon looks for a bounceback for the Mariners
Featured Video Stories
- Upscale dining deals: Dinner for two and bottle of wine for $30 at this revered Seattle restaurant
- Feeling a little chilly these days? This French bar/restaurant has the best hot cocktails in Seattle
- New year, new gym? Here’s how to find the best one for you — and what to consider before committing
- 13 latest Seattle restaurant closures — with eviction notices, sudden shutdowns and more
- ‘You can’t go home again’: A one-time Denver local confronts a gentrifying city VIEW
- The best way to witness Alaska’s stunning seascapes? Take a cruise along the Inside Passage VIEW
- After almost 11 years of phone tag, Cama Beach State Park’s reservation system goes online VIEW
- What’s new in Germany and the Low Countries for 2019
Morning Brief Newsletter
It’s OK to do a little less. Really. Here’s why your company won’t care.