Even with protected lanes, intersections can be deadly for cyclists. Seattle is considering a new design to lessen that risk.
- Trump administration to expand its power to deport undocumented immigrants
- ‘This is so senseless’: Man faces murder charge as family mourns woman stabbed at Cal Anderson Park
- Metro expected to sell monthly parking permits at crowded park-and-ride lots
- City Council passes law to guard Seattle soda-tax revenue after spat with Mayor Jenny Durkan
- Father, two sons charged with murder in connection with May robbery that turned deadly
- 6-car pileup in Everett sends 8 people to hospital
- Seattle City Council races have drawn crowd. That’s not the case for King County Council seats on the primary ballot
Washington will not hosts Colorado and Utah due to the Pac-12 unbalanced 18-game league schedule. UW also skips trips to Oregon and Oregon State.
When David Bestock took over the nonprofit Delridge Neighborhoods Development Association in 2012, it was $1.7 million in debt. It's now down to $150,000 thanks to his work.
Acadia is a good lunch spot in Wallingford if you're not sure what you feel like eating that day, because the menu has a plethora of options that don't fall into any specific category.
- Man shot by Tacoma police during traffic stop dies, officials say he pointed rifle at officer
- Wave of retiring judges means huge turnover in King County Superior Court
- Skyway man ‘exacted retribution’ by killing robbery witness in North Seattle, prosecutor says
- Power outage that forced cruise ship back to Seattle was ‘very rare’ occurrence
- Future power rates could rise as Northwest’s biggest hydroelectricity provider faces increasing costs
- Realogy aims to entice homebuyers with Amazon security, automation tech and move-in services
- What consumers should know about Equifax $700M settlement
- Kroger brings in robots to take on Amazon
- Trump meets with chipmakers on Huawei, other economic issues
- How U.S. video game companies are building tools for China’s surveillance state
- Boris Johnson, Brexit cheerleader, to become British prime minister
- Justice Department tells Mueller to not answer wide swath of questions
- Trump says he won't watch Mueller testify — except maybe a little
- Financier Jeffrey Epstein appeals bail denial decision
- Military studies 'hyperfit' women who pass grueling courses
- Louisiana police officer on Facebook says Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez ‘needs a round’
Most Read Stories
- Seahawks' Jarran Reed suspended 6 games for violation of NFL's conduct policy following domestic-violence accusation
- Man dies in Lake Washington while paddleboarding, police say
- Seattle summer weather is back to normal. Here's your forecast for the week.
- Notice a bunny boom? Here are some reasons for the Seattle area's recent rise in rabbits VIEW
- SDOT data shows nearly 100 serious-injury or fatal collisions on Seattle streets in first half of 2019
- Energetic? Plush? Here are 15 helpful words for talking about wine
- Fine dining at Aelder or a picnic-table supper at Hogstone’s Wood Oven? A trip to an Orcas Island destination-restaurant duo
- A star bartender opens a French-inspired lounge and an acclaimed brewery expands to Woodinville
- It’s easy to figure out what to order at Cemitas Tepeaca 2 in Des Moines: the majestic namesake sandwiches
- Is this Seattle’s best bagel? Brand-new Rubinstein Bagels is ready for your taste test
- Marvin Oliver’s many gifts to our region | Editorial
- Epstein case underscores the vulnerability of exploited girls | Op-Ed
- Missed opportunities for unity in our divided times | Letter to the editor
- U.S. dependence on China for medicine is a major problem | Op-Ed
- A winning equation: donations, volunteers | Editorial
- President Donald Trump hates America | David Brooks / Syndicated columnist
- Weight lifted, Edgar Martinez’s emotional day ends with enshrinement into storied Hall of Fame | Larry Stone WATCH
- A primer on Pac-12 media day: What will commissioner Larry Scott say?
- The Seahawks have questions as training camp opens, we have some answers | Analysis
- Austin Nola’s three-run homer enables Marco Gonzales to relax way to easy 7-3 Mariners’ victory VIEW
- Review: Highlights from Capitol Hill Block Party 2019 — the year of Lizzo VIEW
- Seattle’s Intiman Theatre tries a radical experiment, giving away every ticket for free
- Marvel’s next films will bring diversity, onscreen and off VIEW
- Laine Hardy and ‘American Idol’ finalists electrify crowd at Museum of Flight’s moon landing 50th anniversary concert
- Looking to catch some Shakespeare in Puget Sound parks this summer? Here’s what to see and tips on how best to enjoy.
- Margaret Hamilton’s sister shares her memories as Seattle’s seniors celebrate the 50th anniversary of the moon landing
- A travel trailer of one’s own: The historic Sou’wester Lodge on the Washington coast makes a perfect creative retreat VIEW
- Why go on a creative retreat? How a little cabin in Montana helped two budding writers find themselves
- Make your 20s a decade of friendship, say ‘Just Between Us’ hosts Gaby Dunn, Allison Raskin
Morning Brief Newsletter
The dress is "democratic fashion in action,” suiting most bodies, at a reasonable price point, with just a bit of flare.