The delta variant now makes up most new cases of infection in Washington state as the "fifth wave" of the pandemic here begins to take off. So what does delta mean for mask recommendations -- or mandates?
- LiveCoronavirus daily news updates, July 30: What to know today about COVID-19
- Early Friday shooting in Burien leaves man critically injured
- Bonneville, Northwest’s biggest clean-power supplier, to cut rates for first time in more than a decade
- City Attorney Pete Holmes worries he’ll get squeezed out in tight 3-way Seattle primary
- They were driven from their land in 1877 by U.S. soldiers. Now the Nez Perce tribe is home again.
- Hiker from Tukwila found dead in Death Valley National Park during triple-digit heat
- CDC study shows three-fourths of people infected in Massachusetts covid-19 outbreak were vaccinated
More Top Stories
We asked mayoral candidates 10 questions about Seattle. Take the quiz yourself, then see how they answered.
- AME Zion Church removes bishop after alleged misconduct
- WSU to lead new research institute to apply AI innovations to farming
- Shooting in White Center leaves one dead
- Man arrested for sexual attack in King County courthouse restroom
- Puyallup River pollution whistleblower sues dam operator, alleging it didn’t fully pay workers or provide breaks
- Amazon raked in $113 billion in three months. That’s a letdown
- SBA will directly handle PPP loan forgiveness so banks don’t have to
- Amazon hit with record $888 million EU fine over data violations
- Toyota led on clean cars. Now critics say it works to delay them.
- Robotic police dogs: Useful hounds or dehumanizing machines?
PRODUCED BY ST CONTENT STUDIO
- Canadian priest accuses Indigenous victims of fabricating school abuse
- First evacuation flight brings 221 Afghans, many kids, to US
- Beheading of diplomat's daughter spotlights violence against women in Pakistan
- California wildfire flares but within line crews have built
- Homes lose water as wells run dry in drought-ravaged basin
- COVID-19 could lead to cognitive decline, especially in older adults, new research suggests
- Carl Levin, six-term Michigan senator who garnered bipartisan respect, dies at 87
Most Read Stories
- Commentary: Simone Biles was abandoned by U.S. Olympic officials, and the torment hasn't stopped
- The 'fifth wave' of COVID-19 is here. What you should know about the delta variant and masking
- Oprah sells Orcas Island estate for $14 million
- Forced to play in 'panties,' the Norwegian beach handball team decided they'd had enough
- Seattle police commander files $5.48 million claim, alleging Chief Diaz falsely blamed him for 'pink umbrella incident'
- 4 new ice cream shops bring taiyaki cones, unique flavors and ice cream for good causes to the Seattle area
- 9 Seattle bars shut down temporarily over the weekend due to COVID-19
- For this delicious ramen stir-fry recipe, add crispy tofu and whatever veggies are in your refrigerator
- Kimchi, kombucha and kefir: What are the facts on fermented foods?
- Tom Douglas reopens Dahlia Bakery, and 31 other new restaurant openings in Seattle
- In the Aug. 3 primary, voters should choose candidates to lift Seattle to better days | Editorial
- Let Seattle businesses fend for themselves? Privatizing some law enforcement is a way-out-there proposal | Derrick Nunnally / Times Opinion columnist
- Why is law enforcement refusing behavioral-health calls? | Op-Ed
- We all can do more to stop gun violence | Opinion
- For a better future, approve Best Starts for Kids levy | Op-Ed
- School-supply drive: Help teachers help their students | Editorial
- UW football notes: Giles Jackson’s Maserati speed, ZTF’s recovery and Kam Chancellor comparisons
- Mariners get reliever Diego Castillo from Rays in exchange for J.T. Chargois and Austin Shenton
- Seahawks’ Darrell Taylor feels ‘very normal’ after missing 2020, and ready to take over for K.J. Wright | Larry Stone
- Rapinoe converts and US gets past Netherlands on penalties
- Movies under the stars and more fun things to do around Seattle
- The days are getting shorter. Embrace the dark with 4 mystery and crime novels
- History in the hills: 2 classic Pacific Northwest hikes for history buffs
- ‘All’s Well’ in Mona Awad’s latest novel, a gripping reimagining of Shakespeare
- Amanda Knox blasts film ‘Stillwater’ for exploiting her case
Newspaper archive: free access with your subscription
PRODUCED BY ST CONTENT STUDIO