The forecast for the Seattle area is gorgeous this weekend. For an outdoor activity, consider this hike from Golden Gardens to Magnuson Park. The 8.3-mile trek from Puget Sound to Lake Washington and features three beloved Seattle parks and great views.
- LiveCoronavirus daily news updates, April 17: What to know today about COVID-19
- Seattle police lieutenant retires rather than face firing after directing city contractor to remove trash
- Riot declared in Portland protests after police kill man
- Seattle police chief rejects dinner invitation sent by evangelical group known for anti-LGBTQ stance
- The queen says goodbye to Philip, continues her reign alone
- Despite limited capacity, Mariners fans join chorus of boos directed at Astros for sign-stealing scandal | Larry Stone
- Meet the Washington students writing about education equity for Education Lab’s Student Voices project
See the ball, hit the ball, right? Seems simple enough, but it's definitely not. Each player has a different approach at the plate. We asked the Mariners what it means for them.
Pacific NW Magazine
More Top Stories
- November ballot campaign to insert homeless policy in Seattle charter adds sunset clause, new wording on encampments
- Tim Eyman ordered to pay $2.9 million to cover Washington attorney general’s legal costs
- Holocaust survivor faces Spokane Nazi at sentencing: ‘What can I do to convince this man the Holocaust happened?’
- Inslee signs measure addressing health provider PPE costs
- Bird feeders can go up again, but remain vigilant, Washington state officials say
- Washington state ranks low for home foreclosures, but aid groups are bracing for more
- Biden quietly reversed Trump’s ban on H-1B and H-2B worker visas. Will it help or hurt the U.S. economy?
- With pandemic-era crunch, that popular car is going to cost you
- What’s the best way to get rid of nuisance email? | Q&A with Patrick Marshall
- COBRA is free for 6 months under the COVID relief bill. Do you qualify?
PRODUCED BY THE SEATTLE TIMES CONTENT STUDIO
- Myanmar’s Protesters Face Down the Military With Slingshots and Rocks
- Navalny’s doctor: Putin critic ‘could die at any moment’
- Scott Rudin will ‘step back’ after allegations of bullying
- Raul Castro resigns as Communist chief, ending era in Cuba
- Federal officials reverse limits on fetal tissue research
- Beloved N.C. teacher’s double life revealed after he dies in cartel robbery, sheriff says
- Chicago police critics call for charges in shooting of boy
Most Read Stories
- You return $10,000 found on Issaquah road: Your reward?
- FBI says it interviewed FedEx mass shooter last year
- 2 women busted for trying to use a $1M bill — at a Dollar General store
- Coronavirus daily news updates, April 16: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- Got a COVID vaccine appointment in Washington? Here's what to know before you go
- Dinner at a Movie: Our food and film critics show you how to take a virtual vacation to the French seaside
- This pastry chef is selling out at every pop-up she hosts in Seattle
- Here are the 2 best ways to achieve crispy bacon
- Here’s an easy-to-make recipe for delicious Indian butter chicken | Cooking with Sadie
- UPDATING: Seattle-area restaurants offering takeout, delivery service during the coronavirus pandemic
- Pass the climate and transportation package now | Editorial
- We need to be creative and tenacious in helping homeless into housing | Op-Ed
- State policies must consider urban and rural communities | Op-Ed
- Racism is a serious threat to public health. Look at police killings to see why | Andrea K. McDaniels / Syndicated columnist
- How to save beaches and coastlines from climate change disasters | Opinion
- Vladimir Putin is tempting fate | Clara Ferreira Marques / Syndicated columnist
- Observations from the UW Huskies’ seventh practice of the spring
- UW Huskies football mailbag: What are the chances freshman quarterback Sam Huard plays right away?
- Kraken mailbag: Which teams might make expansion draft side deals? What players are worth a free-agent splurge?
- Sounders’ opening win was a textbook case of hope becoming reality | Matt Calkins
- New Washington state poet laureate aims to celebrate poetry in Indigenous communities
- What’s Happening April 16-29: Seattle Black Film Festival, Capitol Hill Farmers Market Moving Day and more
- Sen. Mazie Hirono heralds generations of strong women in new memoir ‘Heart of Fire’
- With the COVID-19 ski season behind us, here’s what next winter will look like at Seattle-area ski resorts
- 15 things to do in the Seattle area this weekend
Save the Free Press dashboard
PRODUCED BY THE SEATTLE TIMES CONTENT STUDIO