Fit & Fun
You don’t need to head out of town to sample the outdoors.
The Bellevue Parks & Community Services Department leads free ranger-led hikes. All ages are welcome and no registration is necessary. Dress for the weather and wear sturdy shoes.
• Lake Hills Greenbelt, 15416 S.E. 16th St., from 2-3 p.m. every Saturday. Walkers visit restoration sites, tour a cedar forest and learn about local wildlife. Meet at the Lake Hills Greenbelt Ranger Station. For more information, call 425-452-7225.
- Beloved Mama's Mexican Kitchen in Belltown to close
- Paul Allen's First & Goal signs letter expressing concerns over Sodo arena
- West Seattle couple leaves all their assets -- $847,215 -- to Uncle Sam
- Seattle no longer America's fastest-growing city
- Seattle no longer America's fastest-growing big city
Most Read Stories
• Mercer Slough Nature Park, 1625 118th Ave. S.E., Bellevue, from 2-3 p.m., every Saturday. Learn about the flora, fauna and history of the 320-acre wetland park. Meet at the Environmental Education Center. For more information, call 425-452-2565.
• Lewis Creek Park, 5808 Lakemont Blvd. S.E., the first Saturday of each month, from 10:30-11:30 a.m. Explore the natural history of the park, look for signs of local wildlife and learn what to do when encountering wild animals. Meet at the visitor center. For more information, call 425-452-4195.
Fit & Fun is a weekly notice about active recreational opportunities in the Greater Seattle area. To suggest a future item, contact Richard Seven: email@example.com