Fit & Fun
Curling slides back into the spotlight with the Winter Olympics and Seattle’s Granite Curling Club lets you watch it up close and then give it a whirl.
The best young curlers in the United States are here until Saturday,
competing at the club in the 2014 USA Curling Junior National Championship. The winning teams will represent the U.S. at the 2014 World Junior Championships in Switzerland.
And the club, at 1440 N. 128th St. in North Seattle, also offers open houses at which you can learn the basics of the sport and test your accuracy and sweeping skills. The next ones are from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Feb. 15, and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Feb. 16.
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- What's the top spelling 'mistake' in Washington state? The answer could make you sick
- UW receiver Isaiah Renfro opens up about depression, announces he's leaving team
- Seattle-based seafood company shuts down
- So the NRA sends a questionnaire to a Seattle state senator ...
Most Read Stories
More more information on the tourney and open houses, see: www.curlingseattle.org
The club has operated in its present facility since 1961, and has been the home to more national championship teams (46) than any other in the U.S.
Fit & Fun is a weekly notice about active recreational opportunities in the Greater Seattle area. To suggest a future item, contact Richard Seven: email@example.com