Fit & Fun
Curling slides back into the spotlight with the Winter Olympics and Seattle’s Granite Curling Club lets you watch it up close and then give it a whirl.
The best young curlers in the United States are here until Saturday,
competing at the club in the 2014 USA Curling Junior National Championship. The winning teams will represent the U.S. at the 2014 World Junior Championships in Switzerland.
And the club, at 1440 N. 128th St. in North Seattle, also offers open houses at which you can learn the basics of the sport and test your accuracy and sweeping skills. The next ones are from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Feb. 15, and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Feb. 16.
- Whitest big county in the U.S.? It’s us
- Kent family mourns loss of father, two sons in Father’s Day weekend crash
- Ticket prices soar, then drop for World Cup
- As Puget Sound sweats, few air conditioners are cooling us down
- Pursuit of big-money contract comes at a cost for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson
Most Read Stories
More more information on the tourney and open houses, see: www.curlingseattle.org
The club has operated in its present facility since 1961, and has been the home to more national championship teams (46) than any other in the U.S.
Fit & Fun is a weekly notice about active recreational opportunities in the Greater Seattle area. To suggest a future item, contact Richard Seven: email@example.com