Fit & Fun
Need prodding to visit our awesome national parks? Entrance is free at Mount Rainier and Olympic National parks on Saturday, April 19, and Sunday, April 20, as part of National Park Week.
The Olympic National Park contains three major ecosystems (subalpine, coastal and forest) almost a million acres and hundreds of trails. Call 360-565-3130 or go to nps.gov/olym/index.htm
for the status of park roads, facilities and campgrounds.
Mount Rainier is the most glaciated peak in the contiguous United States and spawns six major rivers. Subalpine wildflower meadows ring the icy volcano while ancient forest cloaks Mount Rainier’s lower slopes. Wildlife abounds in the park’s ecosystems. See nps.gov/mora/index.htm
- Amazon rolls out free same-day delivery for Prime members
- They were millionaires for 3 months, but Seattle couple didn't know it
- Russell Wilson's agent says in 710 ESPN Seattle interview that contract talks are 'encouraging'
- Crash on I-5 at Boeing Access Road backs up traffic for miles
- Photo shows Chicago cops posing over black man with antlers
Most Read Stories
Free admission is popular, so expect more people and less parking than usual.
Fit & Fun is a weekly notice about active recreational opportunities in the Greater Seattle area. To suggest a future item, contact Richard Seven: firstname.lastname@example.org