Fit & Fun
Need prodding to visit our awesome national parks? Entrance is free at Mount Rainier and Olympic National parks on Saturday, April 19, and Sunday, April 20, as part of National Park Week.
The Olympic National Park contains three major ecosystems (subalpine, coastal and forest) almost a million acres and hundreds of trails. Call 360-565-3130 or go to nps.gov/olym/index.htm
for the status of park roads, facilities and campgrounds.
Mount Rainier is the most glaciated peak in the contiguous United States and spawns six major rivers. Subalpine wildflower meadows ring the icy volcano while ancient forest cloaks Mount Rainier’s lower slopes. Wildlife abounds in the park’s ecosystems. See nps.gov/mora/index.htm
- Mariners prospect hit by boat dies at age 20
- Costco will buy most farmed salmon from Norway, not Chile
- Low wages for aerospace workers despite tax breaks for employers
- Let's cut traffic by road rationing, Italian style
- A mom's tweet about Oreos in school stirs up culture wars
Most Read Stories
Free admission is popular, so expect more people and less parking than usual.
Fit & Fun is a weekly notice about active recreational opportunities in the Greater Seattle area. To suggest a future item, contact Richard Seven: email@example.com