Fit & Fun
It’s a new year and time to try something new. Maybe aikido, a martial art that helps build mind-body coordination?
Two Cranes Aikido offers an introductory series of classes that begins Saturday. The class meets twice a week for eight weeks (Tuesdays from 6 to 7 p.m. and Saturdays from 10 to 11 a.m.) and costs $175. People of all ages and abilities are welcomed.
Kimberly Richardson, sensei at the dojo, says the introductory series provides a “basic understanding of the techniques and conflict-resolution strategies of aikido.”
- Seahawks' Marshawn Lynch announces retirement in his own, unique fashion
- Black Sabbath calls it a night at the Tacoma Dome — for good
- Seattle’s brash king of pot raking in cash and raising hackles at Uncle Ike’s
- Costco delays credit-card switch
- Marshawn Lynch leaves behind a legacy like no other with Seahawks
Most Read Stories
Two Cranes is at 8512 20th Ave. N.E. in Seattle.
Find more information on the class and for links to other dojos at twocranesaikido.com/
Fit & Fun is a weekly notice about active recreational opportunities in the Greater Seattle area. To suggest a future item, contact Richard Seven: firstname.lastname@example.org