Fit & Fun
The Northwest Yoga Conference, from Friday, March 7, to Sunday, March 9, at the Lynnwood Convention Center, aims to offer something for everyone — from beginners to those seeking to evolve their practice.
Organizers say the three-day event will feature more than 30 international yoga teachers and demonstrations — such as the “yoga trance dance.”
But it also will offer several free classes for children, teenagers, beginners and seniors with the goal of encouraging more people to try and learn yoga’s benefits.
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Man shot dead in South Seattle while on phone with mom
- Seahawks sign four-year extension with linebacker Bobby Wagner worth a reported $43 million
- Impressions from Day 2 of Seahawks' training camp
- Higher wages a surprising success for Seattle restaurant Ivar's
Most Read Stories
“People are typically surprised to find out that yoga is truly accessible to everyone, not just the yogis who can stand on their heads,” says conference director Melissa Hagedorn.
A day pass costs $149, a two-day pass $299, or a three-day pass $399. Find complete lineup and registration at www.nwyogaconference.com.
Fit & Fun is a weekly notice about active recreational opportunities in the Greater Seattle area. To suggest a future item, contact Richard Seven: firstname.lastname@example.org