Fit & Fun
Twice a week, ModBody Pilates and Fitness offers “Bootcamp for EveryBody.” As the name implies, everyone is welcome.
“I do modifications of all exercise for all ability levels, and we welcome everyone, including the LGBTQ community and those who have movement-based disabilities,” says owner and certified trainer Stacey Sorgen. “Everyone can expect fun music, a community feel, no ‘yelling,’ and intervals at stations with aerobics and weights.”
The workouts are at 6 p.m. Mondays and noon on Saturdays. Cost is $17 for drop- ins and $15 if you buy a 10-class pass. ModBody is at 1550 W. Armory Way, Seattle, in the Interbay area’s Emerald City Basketball Academy building. The website: modbodyfitness.com
- Expect traffic delays when Obama visits Seattle Friday afternoon
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Win over USC puts UW’s coaching upgrade (Chris Petersen over Steve Sarkisian) on full display
- Lloyd McClendon will not return as Mariners' manager
- Even in death, 'Up' house owner Edith Macefield remains a mystery
Most Read Stories
And for the younger crowd … Vicious Puppies Crew, aka V.P.C., will perform and then conduct a breakdance workshop from 2 to 3 p.m. at the Seattle Public Library on Sunday, Feb. 23.
The event, at the Central Library, 1000 Fourth Ave., Level 3, Norcliffe Foundation Living Room, is free and open to all — especially youth.
For more information on the crew, see: vpc.weebly.com
Fit & Fun is a weekly notice about active recreational opportunities in the Greater Seattle area. To suggest a future item, contact Richard Seven: firstname.lastname@example.org