Tonight’s storm has wreaked havoc on the roadways, but so far there have been no widespread reports of power outages as temperatures continue to drop.
Dorothy Bracken, a spokeswoman for Puget Sound Energy, says the largest outages have been reported in Kitsap County, where as many as 5,000 residents are without power, most in Bremerton and Port Orchard.
Whatcom County has roughly 700 homes without electricity, and there are scattered homes out in Skagit County as well, she said.
In King County, a few homes in Federal Way are without power, but Bracken said the numbers were not significant.
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena; Sonics fans despair
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Ted Cruz ends his bid for Republican presidential nomination
- Man killed by car pulling out of Seattle parking garage
- Bertha under the viaduct: Drilling that shut highway is nearly 30 percent done