Tonight’s storm has wreaked havoc on the roadways, but so far there have been no widespread reports of power outages as temperatures continue to drop.
Dorothy Bracken, a spokeswoman for Puget Sound Energy, says the largest outages have been reported in Kitsap County, where as many as 5,000 residents are without power, most in Bremerton and Port Orchard.
Whatcom County has roughly 700 homes without electricity, and there are scattered homes out in Skagit County as well, she said.
In King County, a few homes in Federal Way are without power, but Bracken said the numbers were not significant.
- Seahawks agree to contract extension with quarterback Russell Wilson
- Dustin Ackley trade symbolizes continuing dark days of Mariners
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
- Seahawks linebacker Bobby Wagner on contract talks: 'Now. That's my deadline'
- Higher wages a surprising success for Seattle restaurant Ivar's