With freezing rain falling and ice scrapers in short supply, some Seattleites resorted to creative methods to clean the ice and snow off of their cars.
Brendon Helgason’s Subaru Legacy was parked on California Ave SW in West Seattle and covered in thick ice. He needed to get to work in South Lake Union and had no ice scraper, so he chipped off the ice with a CD cover. The plastic splintered and broke a few times, but he was able to clear his car and get off on his way.
- Amazon.com just tip of Seattle boom
- Boeing retools Renton plant for 737's big ramp-up
- 14 million spilled bees on I-5: 'Everybody's been stung'
- Nelson Cruz drives in five, including winning run
- Aaron Hernandez: A $40 million murderer
Most Read Stories
Jeff Stetson cleared off his car using a kitchen spatula and his coat sleeves. He explained that the technique involved chipped away the ice with the spatula, then sweeping away the snow with his arm.
For Ronald Brown, a dustpan was the tool of choice. (Video by Genevieve Alvarez)
How did you clear off your car today? List your creative solutions in the comments below.