HOUSTON — Police say an American Airlines jet flying from Brazil to Texas has diverted to Houston after a 25-year-old passenger died aboard the aircraft.
Houston police spokeswoman Jodi Silva says homicide detectives responding to George Bush Intercontinental Airport on Wednesday morning found no signs of trauma on the woman. An autopsy will be performed. The name of the female passenger wasn’t immediately released.
An American spokesman says Flight 962 left Sao Paolo, Brazil, just after 1 a.m. Wednesday bound for Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport.
The Boeing 777, with 220 passengers and a crew of 14, diverted to Houston due to the medical emergency. The plane continued on to DFW airport about three hours later.
- The hidden homeless: families in the suburbs
- How the Seahawks got two first-round picks in the NFL draft
- Here are Seattle-area companies employees enjoy working at most
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- Slain Burien teen was ‘all about her education,’ aunt says