HOUSTON — Police say an American Airlines jet flying from Brazil to Texas has diverted to Houston after a 25-year-old passenger died aboard the aircraft.
Houston police spokeswoman Jodi Silva says homicide detectives responding to George Bush Intercontinental Airport on Wednesday morning found no signs of trauma on the woman. An autopsy will be performed. The name of the female passenger wasn’t immediately released.
An American spokesman says Flight 962 left Sao Paolo, Brazil, just after 1 a.m. Wednesday bound for Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport.
The Boeing 777, with 220 passengers and a crew of 14, diverted to Houston due to the medical emergency. The plane continued on to DFW airport about three hours later.
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik
- Now comes the hard part for the Mariners: Hiring Jack Zduriencik’s replacement
- Mariners demote struggling catcher Mike Zunino
- Why Russell Wilson needs to water down his Recovery claims
- Wet weekend ahead, with high winds and heavy rain expected