HOUSTON — Police say an American Airlines jet flying from Brazil to Texas has diverted to Houston after a 25-year-old passenger died aboard the aircraft.
Houston police spokeswoman Jodi Silva says homicide detectives responding to George Bush Intercontinental Airport on Wednesday morning found no signs of trauma on the woman. An autopsy will be performed. The name of the female passenger wasn’t immediately released.
An American spokesman says Flight 962 left Sao Paolo, Brazil, just after 1 a.m. Wednesday bound for Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport.
The Boeing 777, with 220 passengers and a crew of 14, diverted to Houston due to the medical emergency. The plane continued on to DFW airport about three hours later.
- Shell icebreaker begins journey after protesters removed from Portland bridge
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
- Seahawks agree to contract extension with quarterback Russell Wilson
- Dustin Ackley trade symbolizes continuing dark days of Mariners
- Haggen cuts worker hours in Seattle area