It’s that time of year again when we roll out NWTraveler’s annual geography quiz. So sharpen your pencil, and your mind, and test your knowledge of places near and far.
CLOSE TO HOME
1. What two major rivers flow by Portland?
2. What town is at the southwest tip of Washington?
- Evergreen senior’s death, other player injuries renew football-safety debate
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Clay Matthews tells Colin Kaepernick: ‘You ain’t Russell Wilson, bro’
- Seahawks Game Center: Seattle holds off Detroit Lions for 'Monday Night Football' victory
Most Read Stories
3. Name at least four Western Washington rivers ending in “mish.”
4. Americans sometimes call them “the Canadian San Juans.” What’s the real name of the islands?
5. Which is farther north, Bellingham, Wash., or Victoria, B.C.?
6. What is the highest mountain in Olympic National Park?
7. The Washington town of Metaline Falls is on which river?
8. Which state has a bigger population, Washington or Oregon?
9. What is the overall name for the inland marine waters of southwest British Columbia and northwest Washington?
10. What national forest covers much of the northwest Cascades in Washington?
1. Which country is larger in area, the United States or Brazil?
2. What island nation sits off southern India?
3. Name at least three countries that border Kenya.
4. What body of water divides Alaska and Russia?
5. Name two landlocked South American countries.
AMERICAN STATE CAPITALS
1. The capital of Idaho has a name derived from French. What is it?
2. Name the four U.S. state capitals whose names include the word “City.”
3. What four state capitals were named for U.S. presidents?
4. What state capital has the largest population within its city limits?
5. Name at least five state capitals situated on saltwater.
1.What is the capital of Malaysia?
2. Name the capital of Brazil.
3. What is the capital of Bhutan?
4. What is Australia’s capital?
5. Name the capital of Costa Rica.
WERE YOU PAYING ATTENTION?
Each Sunday in NWTraveler we publish a geography-quiz question. Here are some that have run in the last several months.
1. Name at least three of the five national parks in Utah.
2. How many states are there in Mexico?
3. What is the second biggest Italian island?
4. Where will the 2014 Winter Olympics be held?
5. What is the second biggest Hawaiian island after the Big Island?