DES MOINES, Iowa — Organizers behind the annual bacon festival in Des Moines say they’ve booked their first reservation for a bacon-themed wedding.
The Iowa Bacon Board says Watson and Tricia Snider, of Altoona, reached out to organizers after a request for couples to wed at the seventh annual Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival. There are three more wedding packages available.
The “Viva Las Bacon” weddings will take place hourly in the Chapel OHHHH Bacon, a private room in the Jacobson Building at the Iowa State Fairgrounds. One wedding will be free in exchange for the ceremony taking place publicly on a stage.
The bacon festival is scheduled to take place Feb. 1. Tickets will be on sale online on Thursday, Dec. 12, beginning at 12:12 p.m., at precisely 13 seconds past the minute.
- Roads could be a mess this weekend — and Monday
- Seven things to know about Seahawks rookie Tyler Lockett
- New GM Jerry Dipoto provides more insight into how he’ll turn Mariners around
- Parents of toddler killed in Bellevue to return to India
- Hope Solo’s domestic-violence charges revived