DES MOINES, Iowa — Organizers behind the annual bacon festival in Des Moines say they’ve booked their first reservation for a bacon-themed wedding.
The Iowa Bacon Board says Watson and Tricia Snider, of Altoona, reached out to organizers after a request for couples to wed at the seventh annual Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival. There are three more wedding packages available.
The “Viva Las Bacon” weddings will take place hourly in the Chapel OHHHH Bacon, a private room in the Jacobson Building at the Iowa State Fairgrounds. One wedding will be free in exchange for the ceremony taking place publicly on a stage.
The bacon festival is scheduled to take place Feb. 1. Tickets will be on sale online on Thursday, Dec. 12, beginning at 12:12 p.m., at precisely 13 seconds past the minute.
- Tourists robbed, beaten downtown ‘afraid to go back’ to Seattle
- Animated map: How the wildfires in North Central Washington have grown over time
- Steve Sarkisian was reimbursed by Washington for hefty alcohol bills
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor holdout FAQ
- Why did the Mariners’ season go terribly wrong?