DES MOINES, Iowa — Organizers behind the annual bacon festival in Des Moines say they’ve booked their first reservation for a bacon-themed wedding.
The Iowa Bacon Board says Watson and Tricia Snider, of Altoona, reached out to organizers after a request for couples to wed at the seventh annual Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival. There are three more wedding packages available.
The “Viva Las Bacon” weddings will take place hourly in the Chapel OHHHH Bacon, a private room in the Jacobson Building at the Iowa State Fairgrounds. One wedding will be free in exchange for the ceremony taking place publicly on a stage.
The bacon festival is scheduled to take place Feb. 1. Tickets will be on sale online on Thursday, Dec. 12, beginning at 12:12 p.m., at precisely 13 seconds past the minute.
- The hidden homeless: families in the suburbs
- How the Seahawks got two first-round picks in the NFL draft
- Here are Seattle-area companies employees enjoy working at most
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- Home prices charge ahead, driving some buyers farther afield