DES MOINES, Iowa — Organizers behind the annual bacon festival in Des Moines say they’ve booked their first reservation for a bacon-themed wedding.
The Iowa Bacon Board says Watson and Tricia Snider, of Altoona, reached out to organizers after a request for couples to wed at the seventh annual Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival. There are three more wedding packages available.
The “Viva Las Bacon” weddings will take place hourly in the Chapel OHHHH Bacon, a private room in the Jacobson Building at the Iowa State Fairgrounds. One wedding will be free in exchange for the ceremony taking place publicly on a stage.
The bacon festival is scheduled to take place Feb. 1. Tickets will be on sale online on Thursday, Dec. 12, beginning at 12:12 p.m., at precisely 13 seconds past the minute.
- Black Sabbath calls it a night at the Tacoma Dome — for good
- Seahawks star Marshawn Lynch's tweet during Super Bowl appears to announce retirement
- Seahawks' Marshawn Lynch announces retirement in his own, unique fashion
- Costco delays credit-card switch
- Police question man in bizarre Bellevue hit-and-run incident