SITKA, Alaska — Inclement weather continues to play havoc with what’s left of the cruise season in Alaska.
A local radio station reports the last two ships expected into Sitka this year have canceled their port calls. The Holland America ships Westerdam and Oosterdam were supposed to have made stops Wednesday and Thursday, respectively.
Both ships, which each carry nearly 2,000 passengers, also canceled their stops in Sitka last week. The Ketchikan Daily News also reports poor weather forced the Celebrity Cruise ship Century to cancel a visit there on Sunday.
Weather permitting, two ships are supposed to visit Ketchikan later this week, ending the cruise season there.
- 2 people killed in Seattle-area windstorm identified
- High winds stall firefighting efforts, fuel Tunk Block, Lime Belt fires
- Steven Hauschka's 60-yard FG gives Seahawks final edge over Chargers
- Jack Zduriencik’s M’s legacy: More than 3 dozen departed managers, coaches, scouts, staffers
- Offense needs big kick as Seahawks snag 16-15 victory
Most Read Stories
The next visit of a cruise ship to Sitka will be the Westerdam on May 7, 2014.