SITKA, Alaska — Inclement weather continues to play havoc with what’s left of the cruise season in Alaska.
A local radio station reports the last two ships expected into Sitka this year have canceled their port calls. The Holland America ships Westerdam and Oosterdam were supposed to have made stops Wednesday and Thursday, respectively.
Both ships, which each carry nearly 2,000 passengers, also canceled their stops in Sitka last week. The Ketchikan Daily News also reports poor weather forced the Celebrity Cruise ship Century to cancel a visit there on Sunday.
Weather permitting, two ships are supposed to visit Ketchikan later this week, ending the cruise season there.
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena; Sonics fans despair
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Ted Cruz ends his bid for Republican presidential nomination
- Man killed by car pulling out of Seattle parking garage
- Bertha under the viaduct: Drilling that shut highway is nearly 30 percent done
Most Read Stories
The next visit of a cruise ship to Sitka will be the Westerdam on May 7, 2014.