ORLANDO, Fla .— Universal Orlando has opened a new resort that’s based on a vintage, midcentury modern theme.
The Cabana Bay Beach Resort opened Monday. The first 600 family suites are now available in the hotel, which has a colorful, retro exterior. The resort will have a total of 1,800 units when it’s completed this summer.
Amenities include a bowling alley, a food court and a 10,000-square foot pool that includes a water tower and water slide. A second pool will be added by summer.
Resort officials hope to draw more guests who stay on property for their entire vacation. It’s Universal Orlando’s fourth hotel on the property.
- USC fires head coach Steve Sarkisian, former UW Huskies coach
- Seahawks coach Pete Carroll on Steve Sarkisian: ‘It breaks my heart’
- Seahawks’ Pete Carroll ‘baffled’ after late collapse vs. Bengals
- Time for Seahawks to accept that Marshawn Lynch may go from Beast Mode to Decreased Mode
- Smoking credit-card reader forces Seattle-bound flight to land in N.Y.