ORLANDO, Fla .— Universal Orlando has opened a new resort that’s based on a vintage, midcentury modern theme.
The Cabana Bay Beach Resort opened Monday. The first 600 family suites are now available in the hotel, which has a colorful, retro exterior. The resort will have a total of 1,800 units when it’s completed this summer.
Amenities include a bowling alley, a food court and a 10,000-square foot pool that includes a water tower and water slide. A second pool will be added by summer.
Resort officials hope to draw more guests who stay on property for their entire vacation. It’s Universal Orlando’s fourth hotel on the property.
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Boeing tankers will be delivered to Air Force late — and incomplete
- Bellevue School District seeks to fire football coach Goncharoff over scandal
- A six-pack of observations from Seahawks' OTAs: Justin Britt, Alex Collins, Tharold Simon and more
- Paul Allen ends KEXP’s yearslong fundraising drive with $500,000 donation