ORLANDO, Fla .— Universal Orlando has opened a new resort that’s based on a vintage, midcentury modern theme.
The Cabana Bay Beach Resort opened Monday. The first 600 family suites are now available in the hotel, which has a colorful, retro exterior. The resort will have a total of 1,800 units when it’s completed this summer.
Amenities include a bowling alley, a food court and a 10,000-square foot pool that includes a water tower and water slide. A second pool will be added by summer.
Resort officials hope to draw more guests who stay on property for their entire vacation. It’s Universal Orlando’s fourth hotel on the property.
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena
- 9 arrested, 5 officers hurt as May Day anti-capitalist march turns violent
- Former Skyline High QB Jake Heaps signs with Seahawks
- Sinkhole forms above Sound Transit light-rail tunnel in Roosevelt area
- High court rejects franchises’ challenge to Seattle’s $15 wage law