ORLANDO, Fla .— Universal Orlando has opened a new resort that’s based on a vintage, midcentury modern theme.
The Cabana Bay Beach Resort opened Monday. The first 600 family suites are now available in the hotel, which has a colorful, retro exterior. The resort will have a total of 1,800 units when it’s completed this summer.
Amenities include a bowling alley, a food court and a 10,000-square foot pool that includes a water tower and water slide. A second pool will be added by summer.
Resort officials hope to draw more guests who stay on property for their entire vacation. It’s Universal Orlando’s fourth hotel on the property.
- Seahawks agree to contract extension with quarterback Russell Wilson
- Dustin Ackley trade symbolizes continuing dark days of Mariners
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
- Shell icebreaker begins journey after protesters removed from Portland bridge
- Haggen cuts worker hours in Seattle area