ORLANDO, Fla .— Universal Orlando has opened a new resort that’s based on a vintage, midcentury modern theme.
The Cabana Bay Beach Resort opened Monday. The first 600 family suites are now available in the hotel, which has a colorful, retro exterior. The resort will have a total of 1,800 units when it’s completed this summer.
Amenities include a bowling alley, a food court and a 10,000-square foot pool that includes a water tower and water slide. A second pool will be added by summer.
Resort officials hope to draw more guests who stay on property for their entire vacation. It’s Universal Orlando’s fourth hotel on the property.
- Pursuit of big-money contract comes at a cost for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson
- As Puget Sound sweats, few air conditioners are cooling us down
- Ticket prices soar, then drop for World Cup
- Russell Wilson talks baseball, contract and other stuff on Jimmy Kimmel
- Rules preserving city views set up clash among towers competing to be first, biggest