KAPALUA, Hawaii — Another tourist from Washington state is believed to have drowned while snorkeling in Maui waters.
Maui fire officials say the 63-year-old woman from Mount Vernon, Wash., was found unconscious and face down in Honolua Bay last Thursday. She was taken to Maui Memorial Medical Center in critical condition.
Maui police say the woman later died. Police on Friday identified her as Mollie Jo Brennen.
She was snorkeling when someone on shore noticed her yelling for help.
- Husky guide on UW cheerleading tryouts goes global
- CEO makes fiery emails about Muslims part of the workday
- Look like this, not that: UW pulls cheerleader-tryout advice after angry backlash
- Oh smack: Garbage truck hits Alaskan Way Viaduct
- Seahawks’ selection of Germain Ifedi in NFL draft has makings of a great fit
Most Read Stories
Two days earlier, 49-year-old Glen Burlingame of Vancouver, Wash., was snorkeling off Kamaole Beach Park when his wife found him floating face down.