KAPALUA, Hawaii — Another tourist from Washington state is believed to have drowned while snorkeling in Maui waters.
Maui fire officials say the 63-year-old woman from Mount Vernon, Wash., was found unconscious and face down in Honolua Bay last Thursday. She was taken to Maui Memorial Medical Center in critical condition.
Maui police say the woman later died. Police on Friday identified her as Mollie Jo Brennen.
She was snorkeling when someone on shore noticed her yelling for help.
- Purple Heart plant bed vandalized days before Memorial Day
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Boeing tankers will be delivered to Air Force late — and incomplete
- Bellevue School District seeks to fire football coach Goncharoff over scandal
- A six-pack of observations from Seahawks' OTAs: Justin Britt, Alex Collins, Tharold Simon and more
Most Read Stories
Two days earlier, 49-year-old Glen Burlingame of Vancouver, Wash., was snorkeling off Kamaole Beach Park when his wife found him floating face down.