KAPALUA, Hawaii — Another tourist from Washington state is believed to have drowned while snorkeling in Maui waters.
Maui fire officials say the 63-year-old woman from Mount Vernon, Wash., was found unconscious and face down in Honolua Bay last Thursday. She was taken to Maui Memorial Medical Center in critical condition.
Maui police say the woman later died. Police on Friday identified her as Mollie Jo Brennen.
She was snorkeling when someone on shore noticed her yelling for help.
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Roads could be a mess this weekend — and Monday
- New GM Jerry Dipoto provides more insight into how he’ll turn Mariners around
- Seven things to know about Seahawks rookie Tyler Lockett
- Survivor: Gunman spared 'lucky one' to give police message
Most Read Stories
Two days earlier, 49-year-old Glen Burlingame of Vancouver, Wash., was snorkeling off Kamaole Beach Park when his wife found him floating face down.