KAPALUA, Hawaii — Another tourist from Washington state is believed to have drowned while snorkeling in Maui waters.
Maui fire officials say the 63-year-old woman from Mount Vernon, Wash., was found unconscious and face down in Honolua Bay last Thursday. She was taken to Maui Memorial Medical Center in critical condition.
Maui police say the woman later died. Police on Friday identified her as Mollie Jo Brennen.
She was snorkeling when someone on shore noticed her yelling for help.
- Woman knocked unconscious by falling drone during Seattle's Pride parade
- Residents return to ‘war zone’ in wake of Wenatchee wildfire
- Nurse dies from injuries in attack near CenturyLink Field
- How ISIS methodically groomed a lonely young Wash. state woman
- Lake City residents fight to regain use of now-private beach
Most Read Stories
Two days earlier, 49-year-old Glen Burlingame of Vancouver, Wash., was snorkeling off Kamaole Beach Park when his wife found him floating face down.