KAPALUA, Hawaii — Another tourist from Washington state is believed to have drowned while snorkeling in Maui waters.
Maui fire officials say the 63-year-old woman from Mount Vernon, Wash., was found unconscious and face down in Honolua Bay last Thursday. She was taken to Maui Memorial Medical Center in critical condition.
Maui police say the woman later died. Police on Friday identified her as Mollie Jo Brennen.
She was snorkeling when someone on shore noticed her yelling for help.
- More pet-food recalls linked to potential salmonella contamination
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Man drowns in Lake Washington after hopping off boat
- Impressions from day 3 of Seahawks training camp --- Christine Michael, the center position, Tyler Lockett, and more
- After signing $43 million contract, Bobby Wagner admits he didn’t expect Seattle to draft him
Most Read Stories
Two days earlier, 49-year-old Glen Burlingame of Vancouver, Wash., was snorkeling off Kamaole Beach Park when his wife found him floating face down.