MEDFORD, Ore. — A plane carrying 75 passengers from Southern Oregon to Salt Lake City reported smoke in the cabin a few minutes after takeoff and returned to the airport, where it landed safely.
The manager of the Rogue Valley International-Medford Airport, Bern Case, said a couple of passengers on the Delta flight operated by Sky West were affected temporarily by smoke before they got off the plane in a parking area and were bused back to the terminal.
He says Flight 4674 took off at about 6:15 a.m. and was back at the airport within about 10 minutes.
He says mechanics were going over the CRJ 200 regional jet to determine the source and cause of the smoke, and passengers were booking new flights.
- Turkey’s president, Putin hurl insults after plane downed
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Seattle sushi fans, rejoice: Shiro's new place is open
- UW fires women’s crew coach Bob Ernst
- 2015 Apple Cup might be the start of something big for UW Huskies, WSU Cougars