MEDFORD, Ore. — A plane carrying 75 passengers from Southern Oregon to Salt Lake City reported smoke in the cabin a few minutes after takeoff and returned to the airport, where it landed safely.
The manager of the Rogue Valley International-Medford Airport, Bern Case, said a couple of passengers on the Delta flight operated by Sky West were affected temporarily by smoke before they got off the plane in a parking area and were bused back to the terminal.
He says Flight 4674 took off at about 6:15 a.m. and was back at the airport within about 10 minutes.
He says mechanics were going over the CRJ 200 regional jet to determine the source and cause of the smoke, and passengers were booking new flights.
- UW, Alaska Airlines agree to naming-rights deal for Husky Stadium's field
- Wife upset dad disappointed in baby's gender
- A couple thoughts on Fred Jackson, Kam Chancellor and the Seahawks
- Kentucky clerks to license marriages as their boss is jailed
- Macy’s proposing changes to downtown Seattle store