New attraction in California Adventure is based on the Disney-Pixar "Cars" movies.
ANAHEIM, Calif. — Lightning McQueen and friends are about to get the green light at Disneyland.
The park announced Wednesday that Cars Land, based on the Disney-Pixar “Cars” movies, is the headliner of four new attractions opening June 15 at Disney California Adventure Park after a five-year expansion.
Cars Land will be 12 acres of rides, shops and restaurants based on the movie’s town of Radiator Springs. Along with rides based on “A Bug’s Life,” Monsters, Inc.” and “Toy Story,” it further cements California Adventure as the Pixar park.
Also opening will be Buena Vista Street, based on Los Angeles the way it was when Walt Disney first saw it in the 1920s, and the Cathay Circle Theater, a recreation of the place where “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs” premiered in 1937.
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Bellevue School District seeks to fire football coach Goncharoff over scandal
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Infections are the culprit in Alzheimer’s disease, Harvard study suggests
- 1,000 fraternity, sorority members trash Lake Shasta campsite