Amtrak trains and Sounder commuter trains won’t travel between Seattle and Everett for at least another day because of a mudslide.
Burlington Northern Santa Fe has extended a safety moratorium until 3:20 a.m. Friday to make certain tracks are safe where a slide hit early Tuesday about three miles south of Mukilteo. The slide covered both sets of the double-main line tracks about 15 feet deep in mud, rocks and trees.
Spokesman Gus Melonas says freight trains were rolling again by Tuesday afternoon but some mud was still sliding so the 48-hour safety moratorium for passenger trains was extended.
- Turkey’s president, Putin hurl insults after plane downed
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Seattle sushi fans, rejoice: Shiro's new place is open
- UW fires women’s crew coach Bob Ernst
- 2015 Apple Cup might be the start of something big for UW Huskies, WSU Cougars