Amtrak trains and Sounder commuter trains won’t travel between Seattle and Everett for at least another day because of a mudslide.
Burlington Northern Santa Fe has extended a safety moratorium until 3:20 a.m. Friday to make certain tracks are safe where a slide hit early Tuesday about three miles south of Mukilteo. The slide covered both sets of the double-main line tracks about 15 feet deep in mud, rocks and trees.
Spokesman Gus Melonas says freight trains were rolling again by Tuesday afternoon but some mud was still sliding so the 48-hour safety moratorium for passenger trains was extended.
- Husky guide on UW cheerleading tryouts goes global
- Look like this, not that: UW pulls cheerleader-tryout advice after angry backlash
- CEO makes fiery emails about Muslims part of the workday
- Seahawks take Germain Ifedi with first-round pick in NFL draft
- APNewsBreak: Investigators look at overdose in Prince death