Tired of sharing your travel pics one by one? UrbanBird lets you upload your photos and makes a map of your vacation that includes geographical info you can share with your friends on Facebook during or after the trip.
What it does: Creates a map from the photos you’ve uploaded and captions them with dates, location, titles and descriptions.
What’s hot: You can upload photos and have them instantly mapped and captioned. If you’re creating a map while you’re on a trip, click on the photo to get travel suggestions for similar attractions near you. The website is great for active travelers who want to share a visual journal at the end of an eventful day.
- Seattle police officer faces firing over arrest of man carrying a golf club
- Man killed by escort had axes, shovel, bleach; may be linked to missing women
- Seattle-area home prices hit wall in May
- Boy Scouts OK gay leaders; Mormon church may quit
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
Most Read Stories
What’s not: Make sure your camera is set to geotag your photos before you start snapping your vacation pics. The photos I took with my digital camera were not geotagged (and, therefore, could not be uploaded), but my smartphone photos were. It would be nice if I could upload any photo and add the location myself. The good news is, UrbanBird is crafting a feature so that users can geotag their pictures and add comments manually.