Q. Could you recommend local resorts that offer good restaurant selection and are child-friendly? Marina, Redmond A. One that fits that...
Q. Could you recommend local resorts that offer good restaurant selection and are child-friendly?
A. One that fits that perfectly and isn’t too far away is Roche Harbor Resort on San Juan Island, which has three different levels of dining spots, from the place to get your chocolate doughnuts in the morning and burgers at lunch, to the fine-dining room with elegant service and great view. Plus the grill with deck, drinks and live music. Roche Harbor also offers variety in types of lodging, from family-friendly cottages and condos to hotel rooms, both historic and newly posh. There’s a great outdoor pool that is overflowing with happy kids on warm summer days, along with play areas, tennis, hiking, kayaking, etc. (For more information, see www.rocheharbor.com.)
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Update: Seahawks' Jimmy Graham suffers right knee injury vs. Steelers, will miss rest of season
- Suspected burglar dies after getting stuck in chimney
- Seattle Seahawks’ swagger, hopes for playoffs are back after they slam door on Pittsburgh Steelers
- Grading the game: Seattle Seahawks’ offense earns perfect mark against Pittsburgh Steelers
Most Read Stories
Other contenders: The Inn at Port Ludlow, near Port Townsend, which also has choices of inn, condos and more; a couple of restaurants, trails, bike and boat rentals (www.portludlowresort.com); or maybe Alderbrook Resort, on Hood Canal, which has a nice indoor pool, and choice of cottages or inn, with a patio cafe in summer as well as a formal dining room (see www.alderbrookresort.com).
Brian Cantwell / Seattle Times
If you have a question about travel, ask us. Go to www.seattletimes.com/travel (scroll down to the middle of the page to “Ask Travel”) to submit a question. We’ll answer as many as we can, but are unable to answer all due to the volume of submissions.