This week’s best travel bargains around the globe:
• Book a Valentine’s Day package at the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore and receive a free night for a future stay. For the gratis room, reserve the Royal Romance package starting at $299 a night on Feb. 14-16, plus a second night from $189. Add about 16 percent taxes. The free night is redeemable after March 1 through Dec. 30. The holiday package at the Inner Harbor property includes a $130 dining credit for use at any of the hotel’s dining establishments (including room service), valet parking and late checkout. Rooms typically start at $158; parking is $43 a night. Info: 410-234-0550, www.sonesta.com/baltimore.
• Overseas Adventure Travel is taking hundreds of dollars off select departures of its Safari Serengeti: Tanzania Lodge & Tented Safari. For example, the 12-day trip departing Dec. 10 costs $3,990 per couple, a savings of $1,800, and $1,995 per solo traveler, a $900 savings. The land-only adventure includes five nights in lodges and six nights in tented camps; 33 meals; visits and fees to national parks and reserves, including Tarangire, Ngorongoro and Serengeti; 18 small group activities, including game-viewing drives; taxes; and more. For the lowest rate, travel in December. Info: 800-955-1925, www.oattravel.com.
• Stay three consecutive nights at Sea Island, a luxury barrier-island resort in Georgia, and save 85 percent on the third night. The promotion, which celebrates the resort’s 85th anniversary, applies to stays through March 6. Rates vary. For example, a one-bedroom suite in the Cloister is $1,048 (including taxes and fees) for a three-night weekend stay in mid-February; regular price is $1,420. Info: 855-572-4975, www.seaisland.com.
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Man shot dead in South Seattle while on phone with mom
- Seahawks sign four-year extension with linebacker Bobby Wagner worth a reported $43 million
- Impressions from Day 2 of Seahawks' training camp
- Higher wages a surprising success for Seattle restaurant Ivar's
Most Read Stories
• Blount Small Ship Adventures is offering two-for-one fares on several last-minute Belize cruises. For example, the Best of Belize, the Barrier Reef and Guatemala itinerary departing Feb. 14 now starts at $3,579 per couple (plus port charges of $295 per person). The 11-night cruise aboard the 96-passenger Grande Mariner travels round trip from Belize City. No booking deadline, but availability is limited. Info: 800-556-7450, www.blountsmallshipadventures.com.
• MSC is offering free balcony upgrades on 11 of its ships sailing Europe, the Mediterranean and the Caribbean. Book by March 31 and receive a balcony stateroom for the price of an oceanview room. For example, on Dec. 7, pay from $369 per person double for a three-night Caribbean cruise aboard the newly launched MSC Divina. Depart from Miami. Ask for the Wave Season 2013 promotion when booking. Info: 877-665-4655, www.msccruisesusa.com.
• LAN Airlines and TAM Airlines are discounting flights from New York’s JFK to South America by up to 40 percent. For example, the round-trip flight to Quito, Ecuador, or Lima, Peru, starts at $599, including taxes. Fares to Sao Paolo and Rio de Janeiro start at $799; flights to Buenos Aires cost from $999. Book by Jan. 28; travel Feb. 1 through June 30. Seven-day advance purchase required; Sunday stay required. Seats are limited; blackout dates apply. Info: 866-435-9526. www.lan.com, www.tamairlines.com.
• Virgin Vacations is offering an additional $50-per-person discount on its Northern California Wine Country Fly & Drive package for departures in February and March. For example, the March 12 trip starts at $737 per person double and includes round-trip air from Washington to San Francisco; three nights at the Flamingo Conference Resort & Spa in Santa Rosa, Calif.; two nights at the Pickwick Hotel in San Francisco; and a five-day economy car rental. Enter promo code VNC13ASP050 when booking. Reserve by Jan. 31. Priced separately, the trip would cost about $179 more per couple. Info: 877-740-4302, virg.in/wtdcawine.
Prices were verified through Thursday, but deals sell out and availability is not guaranteed. Some restrictions may apply.