NEWNAN, Ga. — A Georgia woman is to be reunited with her camera and photos after the camera she lost during a 2007 trip to Hawaii washed ashore in Taiwan.
Lindsay Scallan says she was on a scuba diving trip when she lost her camera during a night dive.
Scallan told WGCL-TV she recently got a Facebook message from a high school friend saying his wife found an article on a Hawaiian television station’s website about a lost camera. Scallan says a China Airlines employee found the camera and says all the images were still on the memory card.
The airline has offered to pay for Scallan to travel to Taiwan to retrieve her camera and meet the man who found it.
- Tourists robbed, beaten downtown ‘afraid to go back’ to Seattle
- Animated map: How the wildfires in North Central Washington have grown over time
- Steve Sarkisian was reimbursed by Washington for hefty alcohol bills
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor holdout FAQ
- Why did the Mariners’ season go terribly wrong?
Most Read Stories
Scallan calls the experience social media at its best.