HONOLULU — A Hawaii inter-island commuter airline has canceled flights ahead of hurricanes bearing down on the state.
Island Air announced Thursday morning that afternoon flights serving Maui and Lanai have been canceled but flights serving Kauai will continue.
The airline is suspending all operations Friday but says a regular flight schedule is expected to resume Saturday.
The company is waiving reservation change fees and differences in fares for guests changing travel plans.
- 2 people killed in Seattle-area windstorm identified
- High winds stall firefighting efforts, fuel Tunk Block, Lime Belt fires
- Steven Hauschka's 60-yard FG gives Seahawks final edge over Chargers
- Chargers players upset with Frank Clark
- White House renames Mount McKinley as Denali on eve of trip
Most Read Stories
Hurricane Iselle is expected to reach Hawaii on Thursday night.
Tracking close behind it is Hurricane Julio, which strengthened early Thursday into a Category 2 storm.