HONOLULU — A Hawaii inter-island commuter airline has canceled flights ahead of hurricanes bearing down on the state.
Island Air announced Thursday morning that afternoon flights serving Maui and Lanai have been canceled but flights serving Kauai will continue.
The airline is suspending all operations Friday but says a regular flight schedule is expected to resume Saturday.
The company is waiving reservation change fees and differences in fares for guests changing travel plans.
- Black Lives Matter protesters march, conduct sit-ins in downtown Seattle
- Turkey’s president, Putin hurl insults after plane downed
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Apple Cup Game Center: UW Huskies dominate No. 20 Cougars, shut down WSU's offense in Seattle
- Seattle sushi fans, rejoice: Shiro's new place is open
Most Read Stories
Hurricane Iselle is expected to reach Hawaii on Thursday night.
Tracking close behind it is Hurricane Julio, which strengthened early Thursday into a Category 2 storm.