HONOLULU — A Hawaii inter-island commuter airline has canceled flights ahead of hurricanes bearing down on the state.
Island Air announced Thursday morning that afternoon flights serving Maui and Lanai have been canceled but flights serving Kauai will continue.
The airline is suspending all operations Friday but says a regular flight schedule is expected to resume Saturday.
The company is waiving reservation change fees and differences in fares for guests changing travel plans.
- Purple Heart plant bed vandalized days before Memorial Day
- Central District’s shrinking black community wonders what’s next
- Refusal in Bernie Sandersland to accept reality is really unreal
- Boeing tankers will be delivered to Air Force late — and incomplete
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
Most Read Stories
Hurricane Iselle is expected to reach Hawaii on Thursday night.
Tracking close behind it is Hurricane Julio, which strengthened early Thursday into a Category 2 storm.