HONOLULU — A Hawaii inter-island commuter airline has canceled flights ahead of hurricanes bearing down on the state.
Island Air announced Thursday morning that afternoon flights serving Maui and Lanai have been canceled but flights serving Kauai will continue.
The airline is suspending all operations Friday but says a regular flight schedule is expected to resume Saturday.
The company is waiving reservation change fees and differences in fares for guests changing travel plans.
- How ISIS methodically groomed a lonely young Wash. state woman
- Despite struggles on and off field, ex-Skyline star QB Jake Heaps still chasing his dream
- Navy stealthily targets Hood Canal development
- Residents return to ‘war zone’ in wake of Wenatchee wildfire
- Lake City residents fight to regain use of now-private beach
Most Read Stories
Hurricane Iselle is expected to reach Hawaii on Thursday night.
Tracking close behind it is Hurricane Julio, which strengthened early Thursday into a Category 2 storm.