HONOLULU — A Hawaii inter-island commuter airline has canceled flights ahead of hurricanes bearing down on the state.
Island Air announced Thursday morning that afternoon flights serving Maui and Lanai have been canceled but flights serving Kauai will continue.
The airline is suspending all operations Friday but says a regular flight schedule is expected to resume Saturday.
The company is waiving reservation change fees and differences in fares for guests changing travel plans.
- More pet-food recalls linked to potential salmonella contamination
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Man drowns in Lake Washington after hopping off boat
- Impressions from day 3 of Seahawks training camp --- Christine Michael, the center position, Tyler Lockett, and more
- After signing $43 million contract, Bobby Wagner admits he didn’t expect Seattle to draft him
Most Read Stories
Hurricane Iselle is expected to reach Hawaii on Thursday night.
Tracking close behind it is Hurricane Julio, which strengthened early Thursday into a Category 2 storm.