This website finds savings so much deeper than those from Kayak and Travelocity that you’ll think it’s magic.
What it does: Finds better rates for flights by showing airlines that they are selling to leisure travelers. Deals are found when the traveler is flexible about dates and destinations.
What’s hot: Proven savings are key. I tested flights for two adults and one child from San Diego to Beaches and Sun for June 22. I got several destination options and narrowed them to two choices: San Juan, Puerto Rico, and Honolulu. For San Juan, GetGoing quoted me $1,356 for all three; the cheapest Kayak could do was $1,820 and Travelocity was $1,870. For Honolulu, GetGoing found us flights for $2,294; Kayak was $2,528 and, in this case, Travelocity was cheapest at $1,861. Besides the price finds, I liked that GetGoing put my two beach trips side by side so I could compare them. It offers an assortment of destinations based on the theme you pick (global regions or History and Culture, Adventure and Outdoors, Beaches and Sun), and then you pick from its deal list.
- Seattle fifth-graders will get their camp trip, but teachers refuse to go
- Five things to watch as Seahawks begin OTAs Monday
- What the national media are saying about Robinson Cano and the Mariners' hot start to the season
- Man arrested in attack on Metro bus driver
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
Most Read Stories
What’s not: Nothing yet to complain about. I’d like a hotel or vacation package component, but they’re working on it. Hold tight.