DECEPTION PASS STATE PARK, Wash. — Blame Canada geese for closing a freshwater swimming lake at one of the most popular campgrounds in Washington.
Deception Pass State Park has closed Cranberry Lake to recreation because of fecal waste left by the flock of geese.
Ranger Jack Hartt told Skagit Valley Herald (bit.ly/1y21A2F) campers are still welcome at the 240 sites at the Cranberry Campground, but vacationers will be frustrated they can’t go in the lake.
Instead of migrating, the geese have been staying at Cranberry Lake year-around, and the waterfowl have fouled the water.
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena; Sonics fans despair
- School board rebukes Bellevue football program; possible two-year ban for coach Butch Goncharoff
- Man killed by car pulling out of Seattle parking garage
- Ted Cruz ends his bid for Republican presidential nomination