DECEPTION PASS STATE PARK, Wash. — Blame Canada geese for closing a freshwater swimming lake at one of the most popular campgrounds in Washington.
Deception Pass State Park has closed Cranberry Lake to recreation because of fecal waste left by the flock of geese.
Ranger Jack Hartt told Skagit Valley Herald (bit.ly/1y21A2F) campers are still welcome at the 240 sites at the Cranberry Campground, but vacationers will be frustrated they can’t go in the lake.
Instead of migrating, the geese have been staying at Cranberry Lake year-around, and the waterfowl have fouled the water.
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Amid Zika fears, local family shares the reality of microcephaly
- Seahawks sign CFL receiver Jeff Fuller and running back Cameron Marshall
- Nigerian suicide bomber gets cold feet, refuses to kill