DECEPTION PASS STATE PARK, Wash. — Blame Canada geese for closing a freshwater swimming lake at one of the most popular campgrounds in Washington.
Deception Pass State Park has closed Cranberry Lake to recreation because of fecal waste left by the flock of geese.
Ranger Jack Hartt told Skagit Valley Herald (bit.ly/1y21A2F) campers are still welcome at the 240 sites at the Cranberry Campground, but vacationers will be frustrated they can’t go in the lake.
Instead of migrating, the geese have been staying at Cranberry Lake year-around, and the waterfowl have fouled the water.
- Amid drought, Rattlesnake Lake reveals its roots
- Probe of 777 engine’s explosive failure pinpoints its origin
- Lloyd McClendon’s status is at the top of the new Mariners GM’s list
- US airman who thwarted French train attack stabbed in brawl
- Expect traffic delays when Obama arrives in Seattle Friday afternoon