DECEPTION PASS STATE PARK, Wash. — Blame Canada geese for closing a freshwater swimming lake at one of the most popular campgrounds in Washington.
Deception Pass State Park has closed Cranberry Lake to recreation because of fecal waste left by the flock of geese.
Ranger Jack Hartt told Skagit Valley Herald (bit.ly/1y21A2F) campers are still welcome at the 240 sites at the Cranberry Campground, but vacationers will be frustrated they can’t go in the lake.
Instead of migrating, the geese have been staying at Cranberry Lake year-around, and the waterfowl have fouled the water.
- Seahawks agree to contract extension with quarterback Russell Wilson
- Dustin Ackley trade symbolizes continuing dark days of Mariners
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
- Seahawks linebacker Bobby Wagner on contract talks: 'Now. That's my deadline'
- Mariners trade Mark Lowe to the Blue Jays for three minor leaguers