Dates and times are subject to change. Call ahead to confirm.Dates and times are subject to change. Call ahead to confirm.
Labor Day Celebration
Sept. 2 M.L. King County Labor Council event; union members, families and labor supporters invited to celebrate Labor Day with live music, food and children’s activities, 11 a.m., Lower Woodland Park, 5201 Green Lake Way N., Seattle; free (206-444-1851).
Mukilteo Lighthouse Festival
Sept. 6-8 Parades, art, food, entertainment, Run-A-Muk 5K and 10K races, Mukilteo Lighthouse Park, 609 Front St., Mukilteo (425-353-5516 or mukilteolighthousefestival.com).
- School board rebukes Bellevue football program; possible two-year ban for coach Butch Goncharoff
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Five veteran Seahawks whose roles could be most impacted by additions from the NFL draft
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- Sport fishermen protesting in La Conner on Wednesday as tribal gill-net salmon fishery gets underway
Most Read Stories
Puget Sound Bird Fest
Sept. 6-8 Celebration of birds and nature with guided walks, exhibits and vendors, Edmonds (425-771-0227 or www.pugetsoundbirdfest.org
Washington State Fair
Sept. 6-22 Formerly known as the Puyallup Fair, with concerts, carnival rides, 4-H animals and displays, vendors, food, 9 a.m.-11 p.m. Sept. 6-7, 9 a.m.-11 p.m. Sept. 8, 10 a.m.-10 p.m. Sept. 9-12, 10 a.m.-11 p.m. Sept. 13, 9 a.m.-11 p.m. Sept. 14, 9 a.m. 10 p.m. Sept. 15, 10 a.m.-10 p.m. Sept. 16-19, 10 a.m.-11 p.m. Sept. 20, 9 a.m.-11 p.m. Sept. 21, 9 a.m.-10 p.m. Sept. 22, Washington State Fair Events Center, 110 Ninth Ave. S.W., Puyallup; $12.50, $9/ages 6-18 and ages 62 and older, ages 5 and younger free (253-841-5045 or www.thefair.com).
Walk/Bike For Sickle Cell
Sept. 7 Benefit for kids/adults affected with Sickle Cell, bike ride 8 a.m., walk 11 a.m., Seward Park, 5902 Lake Washington Blvd. S., Seattle; $35 (253-226-5578 or www.nwsicklecell.org