Marin County restaurant tells its customers it's infested.
MILL VALLEY, Calif. — A Northern California eatery is giving its customers information that most restaurants go to great lengths to cover up.
Cafe del Soul in Marin County has posted a sign near its front door acknowledging that it’s infested with German cockroaches.
The organic restaurant has also reported itself to the county environmental health services department and will be closed on Wednesday so a pest control company can go to work.
Manager Sandro De Oliveira told the Marin Independent Journal the cafe’s owner wanted to be honest with customers. The newspaper reports that the restaurant also wanted to put pressure on the building owner to take action against the pests.
- Win over USC puts UW’s coaching upgrade (Chris Petersen over Steve Sarkisian) on full display
- Lloyd McClendon will not return as Mariners' manager
- Expect traffic delays when Obama visits Seattle Friday afternoon
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Obama visits Seattle for fundraisers; traffic not as bad as expected
Most Read Stories
The cafe is in a strip mall that includes other tenants.
County officials say they will send an inspector.