Marin County restaurant tells its customers it's infested.
MILL VALLEY, Calif. — A Northern California eatery is giving its customers information that most restaurants go to great lengths to cover up.
Cafe del Soul in Marin County has posted a sign near its front door acknowledging that it’s infested with German cockroaches.
The organic restaurant has also reported itself to the county environmental health services department and will be closed on Wednesday so a pest control company can go to work.
Manager Sandro De Oliveira told the Marin Independent Journal the cafe’s owner wanted to be honest with customers. The newspaper reports that the restaurant also wanted to put pressure on the building owner to take action against the pests.
- One killed, four injured in Snohomish Big Four Ice Caves collapse Monday
- Starbucks prices here to rise 3.5 times as much as nationwide
- Seahawks mailbag: Russell Okung's future, Cliff Avril's role
- Mount St. Helens, still steaming, holds the world’s newest glacier
- Amazon as an adult: Two decades of online shopping
Most Read Stories
The cafe is in a strip mall that includes other tenants.
County officials say they will send an inspector.