PHOENIX — An English springer spaniel named Hendrix ended up taking a serious detour on his way from New Jersey to Phoenix last week.
He ended up in Ireland after being put on the wrong flight.
United Airlines spokeswoman Megan McCarthy says the 6-year-old dog was traveling in cargo Thursday when the mix-up happened. When the error was realized, she says the airline took immediate steps to get Hendrix back to his owner.
Phoenix television station KNXV reported that the first word owner Meredith Grant got about the mix-up was in a phone call from the airline before Hendrix’s original flight was supposed to land in Phoenix.
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Girlfriend finds nothing funny about couple’s sense of humor
- Lake Stevens quarterback Jacob Eason gets visit from WSU’s Mike Leach; commitment to Georgia ‘in holding pattern’
- WWU police arrest 19-year-old student in racist-threats case
Most Read Stories
Grant says she felt like someone punched her in the stomach after finding out her dog had been sent overseas.
Hendrix was returned, and the airline apologized and offered a full refund.