PHOENIX — An English springer spaniel named Hendrix ended up taking a serious detour on his way from New Jersey to Phoenix last week.
He ended up in Ireland after being put on the wrong flight.
United Airlines spokeswoman Megan McCarthy says the 6-year-old dog was traveling in cargo Thursday when the mix-up happened. When the error was realized, she says the airline took immediate steps to get Hendrix back to his owner.
Phoenix television station KNXV reported that the first word owner Meredith Grant got about the mix-up was in a phone call from the airline before Hendrix’s original flight was supposed to land in Phoenix.
- One killed, four injured in Snohomish Big Four Ice Caves collapse Monday
- Starbucks prices here to rise 3.5 times as much as nationwide
- Seahawks mailbag: Russell Okung's future, Cliff Avril's role
- Mount St. Helens, still steaming, holds the world’s newest glacier
- Whitest big county in the U.S.? It’s us
Most Read Stories
Grant says she felt like someone punched her in the stomach after finding out her dog had been sent overseas.
Hendrix was returned, and the airline apologized and offered a full refund.