LOS ANGELES — Officials say a dog chewed its way out of a cargo kennel at Los Angeles International Airport, ran across two runways and briefly delayed two flights before it was captured.
Airport spokeswoman Nancy Castles told the Los Angeles Times that the large brown boxer made its escape while it was being loaded on a flight to Paris.
Castles says the dog bolted across two north runways before being captured by airport personnel in a ditch near LAX’s north perimeter fence.
The incident briefly delayed an arriving flight and a departing flight.
- Fired reporter kills 2 former co-workers on live TV
- Tourists robbed, beaten downtown ‘afraid to go back’ to Seattle
- Hawaii sending wet weather this way that may stick around
- Animated map: How the wildfires in North Central Washington have grown over time
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor holdout FAQ
Most Read Stories
Castles says the dog’s owner had left on a flight earlier Tuesday and was probably unaware that his pet had escaped.