ANAHEIM, Calif. — Disneyland’s Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage will close for a refurbishment that won’t be complete until late 2014.
The underwater ride that circles a lagoon will close on Jan. 6. About 5 million gallons of water will be drained, then workers will make improvements to the attraction.
The Orange County Register reports the water will go into the local groundwater aquifer after it is treated.
The original Submarine Voyage debuted in 1959 and was inspired by the first nuclear-powered submarine voyage to the North Pole the year before.
- Man shot dead in South Seattle while on phone with mom
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Higher wages a surprising success for Seattle restaurant Ivar's
- Costco purchases land in southeast Redmond for long-delayed project
- Impressions from Day 2 of Seahawks' training camp
Most Read Stories
The attraction was closed in 1998, and reopened in 2007 with a theme based on Pixar’s “Finding Nemo” animated movie.