YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK, Wyo. — A young girl has died after falling about 550 feet while hiking in Yellowstone National Park.
The National Park Service says the accident occurred Sunday morning in the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone.
The victim’s name, age and hometown have not been released.
According to the Park Service, the girl and members of her family were hiking down a trail on the north side of the canyon to the Brink of the Lower Falls overlook. The agency says the child apparently stepped off the trail and lost her footing.
- School board rebukes Bellevue football program; possible two-year ban for coach Butch Goncharoff
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- How the Seahawks got two first-round picks in the NFL draft
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- Five veteran Seahawks whose roles could be most impacted by additions from the NFL draft
Most Read Stories
Her body was retrieved around noon Sunday.
The incident remains under investigation.