YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK, Wyo. — A young girl has died after falling about 550 feet while hiking in Yellowstone National Park.
The National Park Service says the accident occurred Sunday morning in the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone.
The victim’s name, age and hometown have not been released.
According to the Park Service, the girl and members of her family were hiking down a trail on the north side of the canyon to the Brink of the Lower Falls overlook. The agency says the child apparently stepped off the trail and lost her footing.
- Donate to a charity? IRS sets rules for taking deductions
- 4 Mount Rainier High teens charged in alleged gang rape on field trip
- How opera, QVC and his ‘Dirty Jobs’ gig prepared Mike Rowe for the Seattle stage
- Justice Antonin Scalia dead at 79
- Bob Ernst fired after UW women’s rowers ‘lost confidence’ in him, dismissal letter said
Most Read Stories
Her body was retrieved around noon Sunday.
The incident remains under investigation.