YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK, Wyo. — A young girl has died after falling about 550 feet while hiking in Yellowstone National Park.
The National Park Service says the accident occurred Sunday morning in the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone.
The victim’s name, age and hometown have not been released.
According to the Park Service, the girl and members of her family were hiking down a trail on the north side of the canyon to the Brink of the Lower Falls overlook. The agency says the child apparently stepped off the trail and lost her footing.
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Bellevue School District seeks to fire football coach Goncharoff over scandal
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Infections are the culprit in Alzheimer’s disease, Harvard study suggests
- 1,000 fraternity, sorority members trash Lake Shasta campsite
Most Read Stories
Her body was retrieved around noon Sunday.
The incident remains under investigation.